Chapter 5

"Mr. Dolan" is passing back our first writing assignment and I'm excited to see what I got. I look at the paper and gasp. B-!? I'm not a published author or anything but I know that I deserved more than a B- on that paper. Whether he likes it or not I'm going to stay after and confront him about this. The rest of the class we continue to read our class assigned book but it's hard to pay attention. Not because I can't stop looking at him but because I am already mentally checked out of high school. The bell rings and I find myself, once again, in front of his desk like last week except this time out of my own free will.

"Yes?" he barely glances at me. That's so rude.

"Care to tell me why you gave me a B- on my amazing paper?" I hope he realizes that I am very annoyed with him, like always.

"Your technique is good but I just kinda feel like it was missing something." Is he serious right now?

"Oh you mean like a make out session between a student and a teacher?"

"No, like a more emotional story instead of talking about how annoying your family is." He clearly dismissed my comment.

"I was emotional about the fact that I was annoyed. Honestly, it doesn't even matter because I'm switching out of this class." Now his head shoots up from his computer.

"Brielle, you seriously don't need to do that. I'll refuse to sign the papers. We can act like adults."

"Act like adults? You were the one that gave me a bad grade for something that wasn't my fault. I don't want to be your student."

"I gave you a bad grade for a bad paper." Ouch. He's seriously getting on my nerves.

"See this is why I can't be around you. You are so childish." I am raising my voice and he attempts to shush me so no one realizes I'm still in his room.

"Childish is coming in here and throwing a tantrum." He's gritting his teeth and his fists are balled up. He stands up from his desk and we are only about a foot away from each other.

"What the fuck are you going to do about it? Oh my god I'm so scared of the big bad Grayson Do-" he cuts me off by aggressively kissing me but I don't kiss back. I push him away roughly and he sits back in his seat. I crumple up the paper into a ball and I attempt to throw it at his face but he catches it making me even more annoyed. I hear him calling my name as I run out the classroom and to my car in the parking lot. I lay my head on the wheel. What is going on? He tells me he wants to be professional but then he goes ahead and does the least professional thing I can think of. God I don't get what he's trying to make happen. When I look up he is standing outside the school doors scanning the parking lot. I turn the key and speed out of the parking lot as fast I can.