Chapter 3

The bell rings and everyone eagerly runs out to see who the people in their next class are. he better be giving me a pass after this. What does he even expect to say to me? I mean, neither of us can change what happened on the cruise and we both know that. If he's worried that I'm going to tell someone, then he doesn't need to because I don't want anyone to know what happened as much as he doesn't.

"Brielle, I had no idea that I would ever see you again. I would have never let that happen if I knew you were going to be a student in my English class." Why is he acting so professional? It's annoying to be completely honest.

"What if I were a student in your math class?" Might as well have fun with this.

"Ms. Jefferson, this is no time for jokes," he says with a stern look on his face. Ms. Jefferson? I find this too funny.

"Oh so we are only on a last name basis now? I know what happened isn't allowed but you don't need to act so...so."

"--moral? no one can know about this. seriously Brielle, my job is at stake here." I feel bad because I know he is right and I don't want him to get fired from his first teaching job due to an altercation that happened in the past before he knew I would even be his student.

"I was actually happy to see you but now I'm wishing you weren't here." He writes me a pass to lunch and I can tell he is hurt but like he said, we need to be professional right? What's more professional than avoiding it all together? It's not even as if I like him or anything I am just shocked. What are the odds that a 3 minute fling turns into this. We didn't know any details about each other either. I can't even tell Jack about this and I am terrible at keeping secrets. One entire year of deceiving myself and Grayson but that's what high school is about.