Chapter 35

Louis

I was antsy. I couldn't help it. It was only a month away from Brianna's due date and I was not ready for this. I wasn't ready to be possibly a dad, to find out the results of being a father or not. I just didn't think I could handle finding out the truth. 

We were yet to tour Australia. After our month in America, we had a little bit of time off for recording and getting sixth album on the go. But I was my living room in LA while thinking about how to tell Niall I was taking the DNA test on my daughter. I don't even feel like I have the right to call her mine when I know there might be the chance she's not even mine. I really needed Niall. He was out getting some drinks for the night, we needed to let loose a little, we've been so on edge lately with everything.

Honestly. We've hit the rocky part of our relationship. Almost hitting a year, and spending so much time together, it was starting to show and our honey moon phase was over. We've had a few fights, about stupid little things that were petty and not even worth the breath. Our sex drive has dwindled and it's not happening as much, and more fights are happening because of that. We can't forget the baby. I know Niall says he's cool with it as long as I'm happy, but in all honesty. I don't think he is. 

It's surprising how things can seem to change in a blink of an eye, but four months worth of drama can make time pass. Liam's been seeing someone, we don't know who yet, he's keeping it very well hidden, we were all very antsy to find out who it is. Harry and my sister, well I haven't heard a single thing. I was getting worried about it, but every time I've tried to make time to talk to one of them, I've gotten busy. 

"Lou?" Niall's sweet beautiful voice. 

"Living room" I called back. I brought my fingers to my mouth, biting at the nails. Nerves. I was going insane. 

Niall walked into the living room, a six pack in his hand, but not a very happy look on his face. He looked almost as if he were nervous himself. What could he be nervous about? He didn't have anything to worry about. Right? Unless management found out. That was something to be worried about. That just added to my fear. 

"Lou, you alright?" he asked, worry in his voice. He sat the pack of beers on the table and took my hands into his. 

"Uh, yeah. Yeah, I'm good" he forced a smile on his face. It hurt. I never liked those smiles, it was always bad news when that smile was given. 

"Good, uh, Lou. We need to talk about something" my heart hammered. Please don't tell me management know. I can't handle that right now.

"Um. Okay. What's going on?" he led me to the couch and we sat down. Our hands still in each others. 

"Lou. Management know" he started. "They have for a few months and it's been stressing me out, I didn't know how to tell you. They want us apart. They don't ever want us to come out" 

"But we don't have to really be apart. I mean they can't do that" he shook his head and looked into his lap. I could already feel my lip trembling. I could sense what was happening. 

"I think it's better if we officially break up. Lou, I love you, but we've been fighting for months now, and it's not healthy for us, or the band. We just need some time apart and then act as if nothing happened" I could feel tears brewing in my eyes. I refused to let them fall so soon. I wasn't weak. 

"Come on Niall, we don't need to break up. Just, go back home or something? We don't need an official break up" Niall took his hands away from mine.

"Lou, it's not just us, or management. It's the baby. I don't think I'm ready to be part of that yet" 

I stood up, I was mad. Tears were no longer wanting to spill out of my eyes. I was just filled with anger.