Chapter 30

Louis

I walked into the hospital alone, heading to the front desk to find where Brianna would be for her appointment. The lady behind the desk, an elderly lady with brown hair, pulled back into a tight bun, tapped on her computer, sending me to the next floor. I thanked her politely and walked over to the elevators. While I waited I looked at my phone to see I had messages from Niall. 

From Nialler: 
text me back when you can babe, I wanna know how the ultra sound went xx

To Nialler: 
Heading there now, I'll talk later, love you x

I pocketed my phone and entered the elevator, pushing the '2' button. The doors closed and took me up to the floor. When the doors opened again I exited and went to the desk there, asking for Brianna's room, explaining I was the father of the child she was carrying, I got told to go to room 34. I thanked the lady and proceeded to the room.

When I entered, Brianna was on the chair with a loose fitting shirt covering her growing stomach. With only four months to go, I was growing even more anxious for the moment the baby is born. I smiled and greeted Brianna politely. This was the first time we've spoken to each other since our chat. 

"Haven't started yet?" I questioned, she shook her head and placed her hand on her stomach. 

"Come over, have a feel, he may kick" she smiled. My eyes widened, he, she said he. 

"It's a boy?" I asked walking over to her in the chair, her face immediately dropped. 

"Oh. I don't know, sorry. It feels like a boy, so I just got used of saying he" she apologised. I just nodded, I mean I couldn't be mad about that, could I? "Come on, have a feel" she grabbed my hand and placed it on her stomach on top of her shirt, encouraging me to speak.

"Hi?" she giggled. "I'm your dad" I told the baby inside her, then that's when I felt it kick. I couldn't believe it. Just a little bump to my hand and I couldn't help but feel teary. 

"It's amazing isn't it?" I nodded. 

The door opened and a female doctor walked in with a clipboard in her hand and glasses perched on her nose. She closed the door behind us and greeted herself. 

"Hi Brianna, brought a friend this time?" she questioned.

"Doctor, this is Louis, the baby's dad" realisation hit her and she apologised for her mistake.

"Sorry, I'm Doctor Nelson, it's a pleasure to meet you" I shook her hand.

"As to you" 

Doctor Nelson got to work setting up the equipment to prepare for the ultrasound, I watched as a TV like monitor was turned on and a small device that looked similar to a microphone was grabbed as well as gel. Brianna was informed to lift her shirt and gel was squirted on her large stomach. The doctor grabbed the microphone device and put it on her stomach, moving it around slowly finding a clear image of our child, and that's when it appeared. A clear view of a baby. 

Being 22 weeks, it was clearly visible it was a baby and not a little blob anymore. My heart raced and tears brew in my eyes. I couldn't believe I was seeing my child right now. Sure I saw printed out copies, but this is different. 

"Now, it's later than most people, but, would you like to know the gender? Brianna was waiting to know if you wanted to know" Brianna and I met eyes. Did I want to know? Should I wait and make it surprise? 

"It's up to you" I told Brianna honestly. 

"I would like to know, if that's okay with you" I smiled and nodded. Doctor Nelson smiled at us, when we faced her, confirming our decision, she told us.