Chapter 44

Niall 

Beer bottles littered my coffee table and music blared on the speakers. It was New Year's Eve once again and this year, the four of us, plus Lottie, decided to spend some time in a little party rather than go out. The night had been great, drinks and talking and music. What more could I ask for? 

Louis and I sat on my couch, we've come so far together. We've been taking things slowly, and since finishing the Australian tour the only major things we had were to release our album, a single and the music video for it. So we hadn't spent that much time together in the past few months, not as much as I wanted but still some. And we were doing great, taking things day by day.

The fans calmed down about Louis's accident after he tweeted that he was doing well, with the support of his friends and family. But it was mainly me. If I was with him during a meal, I would always make sure he ate at least half of it. He would get grouchy and pout at me, but if no one was around, I'd kiss it away. 

"So Liam, who's gonna be your new years kiss?" Louis asked curiously, realising Liam with fifth wheeling. 

"I don't need a kiss at midnight" he waved it off as if it were nothing. We all knew he was having trouble with the ladies, never seeming to be able to get a girl long enough to call her anything.

"If you really want a kiss, I'll be happy to step up" Louis piped up, and even though he was joking I wrapped my arms around him and pulled him into my body, whispering 'mine' into his ear. "Sorry Payno, looks like I can't be shared" Liam chuckled.

"It's alright, you can have him" Liam assured with a smile on his face. 

"Good. 'Cause I'm not letting this one go" I tipped Louis's head back slightly and kissed his lips, causing him to blush. 

"Ugh. You two are gross" Lottie teased. Louis just pulled away from me and rolled his eyes at her. "Harry can we go?" he looked at his watch.

"Babe, its nearly midnight, let's just stay" his large hand rubbed her her side. She pouted, I knew the reason she wanted to go, it's the very reason I wouldn't mind if they left. We both wanted sex, and a brother and sister hearing each other with their loved one, is well, awkward. "We'll go after the fireworks, I promise" he smiled at her and they shared a sweet kiss. 

"I guess I'll just kiss this lovely bottle" Liam sighed from his seat. 

"Oh, it's almost midnight" I noted, even though Harry just said it, I realised I needed to take Louis up to my room. "Lou, come with me" I took his hand in mine, everyone eyed us suspiciously, but Louis walked behind me, holding his bottle of beer in his hand. 

My heart was pounding, it hadn't been long since we got back together, and this may be a step too far for him but I was hoping it wouldn't be. I stepped into my room and walked to the balcony. I opened the sliding doors and pulled Louis out into the cold night.

"What are we doing?" he asked, his cheeks pink from the alcohol. 

"I wanted to be out here while the fireworks went off" I admitted to him. Heart still pounding I took his hands into mine. "Also, I want to tell you how much I love you, and how I never want to lose you" I looked at my watch, just a few minutes left. 

"Niall, what are you doing?" he seemed a little worried about what was about to leave my mouth.

"I want to make a promise, a promise that I will never  leave you again, and that this will go somewhere further down the track. So will you accept this promise ring?" I pulled out the ring that was sitting in my back pocket since everyone came over.