Chapter 40

Niall

Love You Goodbye was always one of my favourite songs that Louis had written. You could connect to it on an emotional level. You could feel the heartbreak he went through. But in a way it seems almost worth it. He produced a good song out of it that everyone loves to hear. And I love to hear him sing it. His voice was beautiful, I wish he realised how beautiful his voice truly was. 

"One more taste of your lips just to bring me back-" he began his solo. I turned to face him. I loved watching him sing, how he got so into the song that it's almost like he falls into a trance and allows the music to over take his body. "-To the places we've been and the nights we've had-" 

I smiled and turned back to the crowd and watched as they stood in front of the dimly lit stage, their phones held up - with their flashlights on -, arms swaying gently to the music. It was a wonderful scene that I have seen at previous concerts with the very same song. How everyone just comes together and stays quiet allowing us to sing our heartfelt song.

"-Because if this is it at least we could end it ri-" Louis stopped singing, I thought he lost his breath, it was quite difficult to hit that high note every time perfectly. But that wasn't the case. A loud 'thud' echoed through the stage, my eyes turned to see Louis on the ground.

"Louis!" I shouted. Harry stopped singing and gasps emitted from our fans as I ran over to Louis's unconscious body. I skidded on my knees to stop next to him. By now, the band had stopped playing their instruments, standing in shock in their places. "Louis" I gently hit his cheek, hoping to wake him up. It didn't work. My heart pounded as I racked my brain for the next thing to do. When I remembered that I should check for breathing, I dropped my head to his chest, allowing my ear to be pressed to his protruding bones and listen intently. And there it was, a heart beat. Slow, but there. 

"Someone call an ambulance" I vaguely heard Liam order as he joined me on the ground along with Harry. Liam's hand rested on my back as I cupped his face. Once soft features now gone to his excessive weight loss. But I didn't mind so much, I still loved him. Even if he were to gain weight I would still love him. 

"You're gonna be alright" I mumbled, running a hand through his hair and down his cheek. Tears brimmed in my eyes as the thought of Louis being seriously unwell entered my brain. I couldn't bare for something to be so wrong with him. 

The crowd continued to watch the scene take place of their icon lying unconscious on the ground. They didn't know what to do, and neither did we, it happened so suddenly, so unexpectedly. We all knew Louis wasn't well, but we didn't know he was this bad. We had to wait for our stage medics to come on stage, but they weren't there. And there was definitely no way I, or the others could continue the concert now. 

Soon enough paramedics were rolling their trolley bed on to the stage. Harry and Liam moved away immediately. I couldn't though, not until I was practically pushed out of the way. I walked into Liam's arms as I watched the medics, open his eye and shine a torch into them, they checked his pulse and breathing before they placed him on the stretcher then lifted him up onto the bed and wheeled him away. 

We all watched in silence as Niall was wheeled away from us. I stared at their backs, Louis's body, I couldn't just stay here. I had to be sure he was okay. I pulled away from Liam's body and ran after them screaming for them to wait for me. 

I managed to catch up to them, they continued to move at a fast pace, I kept up, though. "Can I come with him please" I almost begged. It fell on deaf ears and they continued to move through the area and past the many stage hands watching in horror as 1/4 of the band was being taken away. I slowed my pace to stop running, they weren't going to take me. So I would go alone and no one could stop me.