Chapter VII Elsea: The Beatles Made His Day

Location: Cafeteria, High School Building, Miracle College, Miracle Island

Date and Time: August 26, 11:30 am

I was walking alone in the cafeteria or "the Cafe" as other students would call it. It was chaotic for me since I was used to the peaceful life I've lived in the past. It was so noisy in the cafeteria and a lot of people were moving. The first years share the same time with the other levels so the cafeteria was quite full with people. Each section had two long and big lunch tables assigned to them. Unfortunate for me, it was quite far from where I entered the cafeteria.

The cafeteria was found at the right side of the High School lobby. It was one of the most spacious places in the building. It had a high ceiling, filled with state-of-the-art fans that run on magic-infused batteries. It made the whole cafeteria cool and the horrible smell of some food were gone. All the corners of that rectangular area were full of food stalls. In the middle were a lot of lunch tables. On each side, there were big windows made from tempered glass

I've been hanging out with Thalia and Danica's friends since I got to Miracle College. I enjoy talking and listening to them, even though I couldn't really relate to them.  All they talk about is about their male friend who they call dumbell, Soccer and other random stuff I don't really know about, especially that boy band everyone's talking about. But, even if it's like that, at least I get to talk to other teens casually. It's nice to be with people who are the same age as you.

"Hey Elisabeth! Come here already!", I heard someone call my name faintly. I turned towards the call and saw Thalia waving at me. I went to her quickly, without any hesitation. I went to Thalia's group which comprised of Oudia, Jilianne, Danica and Leia, their American friend who can control water, just like Jillianne.

"Hello!", I greeted them.

"Took you a while to get here.", Thalia told me.

"Sorry, I'm still not used to the cafeteria.", I answered.

"It's ok, I'm still not used to it either.", Leia smiled at me, speaking in a very heavy American accent.

Leia Cross was taller than me. She had hazel brown eyes which complemented her straight, dark brown hair which touches the middle part of her back. She had freckles on her nose and she looked American in every single way. She had that white complexion but it was a bit darker than mine.

The reason why she wasn't able to attend the first day was because she was at a family occasion in New Jersey. She came on the second day of classes though, greeting everyone, including a stranger like me. When she talks about her family reunion, I can't help but feel sad and miserable. It reminds me of them. I missed my own family, even though I talk to Apollo every night time. Still, it didn't really feel as good when I'm with him.

I sat near Oudia and Danica while Jillianne, Thalia and Leia sat on the opposite side. I opened my lunch box and I got my lunch, simple Carbonara with extra cheese. The others started to talk about things I couldn't relate to again.

"Hey, how's Dumbell?", Danica said to Oudia.

"Well, he's still the same jerk who keeps on lying to me.", Oudia bitterly replied.

"Wait, how does he lie to you?", Leia asked.

"He keeps on telling me that he loves me even though he doesn't.", Oudia explained, "He actually kissed a girl once and I could tell he loves another girl."

"Wow Oudia, he's really a jerk. And you love this guy?", Thalia told Oudia.

"I thought he was a good person but he's just a jerk like every guy.", Oudia said to Thalia, "And I don't love him anymore, I've changed during the summer."