Chapter IX Terrie: When Class Goes Wrong

Location: IA Classroom, High School Building, Miracle College, Miracle Island

Date and TIme: September 11; 2:30pm

I walked towards the IA classroom. I was drained from teaching already. I had to teach eight sections that day, I had three extra classes since their Powers 101 teacher was absent for the day. Fortunately, that was my last section for the day.

I entered the classroom and everyone was silent and ready to greet me. Good thing they're angels today, I thought to myself sarcastically, I don't have the mood for their noise today.

"Good afternoon ladies.", I greeted them in my usual monotone.

"Good afternoon, Mr. Jovius.", they greeted in their usual sing-song voice.

"Sit down.", I told them.

"Thank you Mr. Jovius.", the ladies sat down on command. This was the usual routine for our greetings.

I looked at Jillianne and she still looked horrible. She looked pale and sick every since the start of the day. Bonnie asked her if she was alright already and she said that she was fine. I hoped that she could still carry on until the end of class.

I set up my G-tablet to the hologram projector. G-tablets are said to be great with hologram projectors and I hoped it was. My flat-screen laptop was borrowed by my colleague Gwen Andrams who teaches English at the second year high school. I don't like using my G-tablet since it's made out of glass and it was brand new. But I was forced to, for the sake of my job.

When the hologram projector showed my presentation already, I started, "Today we are going to start our discussion on items used for power ehancement and limitations. So first, what makes you strong?", I asked the ladies.

The ladies thought for a few seconds then a hand raised. It was from Angela Yu Nan, the Korean student.

"Yes, Angela?", I called her to answer.

"I get strong when I hear comments about my beauty.", she proudly said, stroking her long hair then she sat down after a few seconds.

Angela Yu Nan was a vain Korean girl. She had black hair with dark brown highlights and she had those Korean eyes which were color black. She had a crooked nose and faint blushes from the makeup she uses. She had a slightly tan skin, probably from her Portugese roots. She was a beautiful girl, honestly but she was too vain.

"Ok.", I couldn't resist to smile a bit. "Anyone else?"

Another raised her hand. It was Sandra Jales.

"Yes, Sandra.", I called her.

"When I get to dance in front of people and they like it.", she shared.

"I know right!", Angela said loudly.

"Ok, thank you for sharing Sandra", I told her and she sat down.

Sandra had light brown hair but she had dark brown Chinese eyes.  She was white but she looked more of a Chinese teen than an American. Sandra and Angela were friends but they were very much different. Sandra was less vain and she was more friendly to people unlike Angela who was known for her insensitive comments and extreme vanity.

"So if there is something that makes you strong, then what makes you weak then?", I asked them.

A hand rose up and it was from Danica. 

"Yes, Danica.", I told her.

She started, " I get weak when I get stressed from too much homework."