Chapter XII Connor: Who Closed the Lights?

Location: High School Building Lobby, Miracle College, Miracle Island

Date and Time: September 25; 1:00 pm

I was walking down the grand staircase of the High School building. I just finished my class with 2A. The past weeks were good for me since I had a better time with my classes. Most of the time, the students were quiet and listened well so I didn't have to call for their attention a lot. Plus, I keep forgetting about Rose now but there are just times when I remember her again.

I was heading out to the faculty room when suddenly, everything went dark. I heard glass shattering from the ceiling, probably the light bulbs burst. The outside was also dark, there wasn't any sunlight.  I couldn't see anything in the thickness of the dark. Nothing was lighting the room, it was like the sun's light was also turned off. All I heard was the screaming of the students when it happened.What just happened?, I thought to myself, Who could have done this?

I was supposed to use the light spell to put some light into the room but then I heard something. It was like there was something moving, its footsteps were heavy. I didn't know what that was so I kept silent. Then the footsteps got heavier and more faster. The mysterious things got more and more. The noise was surrounding me, as if it was all around me.

Fortunately, my glasses had night vision. I clicked the small, nearly invisible button on the right side of my glasses twice. Then, I had night vision. I looked at my left and my right but there was no one there. "Is my ears and eyes playing tricks on me?", I asked myself confused. About a second ago, I heard something creeping in the dark then when I looked, nothing.

I looked towards the direction of the faculty room and went there. Hopefully, someone in there knows what's happening, I told myself. I knew that Bonnie, Rence and Terrie won't be in there since they have their own classes during this time of "day". I went to the door and tried to turn the knob but it won't budge. I tried it again but it failed. What is going on in there?, I thought to myself.

"Is someone out there?", a muffled voice told me scared.

"It's me, Connor.", I told the voice quietly.

"Connor!", the voice sounded reassured, "Oh, thank the heavens for you. What's happening out there?"

"We're all stuck inside here!", another voice exclaimed.

"Why is it dark?", another voice said.

"I can't answer all your questions. All I know is that it turned dark, I can't even see a thing.", I told them.

"Can you just answer why we can't open the door?", another voice said. All the voices were muffled so I couldn't distinguish who's who. The first thing that popped in my head was the fact that magic was involved. I didn't think of the door being stuck or something like that. It was  my instinct to think of one of the worst case scenarios.

I clicked the button on my glasses. The night vision turned off. It was normal vision, no magic or enhancements at all. I couldn't see anything with it, it was pitch black. I clicked it again and the vision became magic seeking, like the one I used on Elsea's bag during the Welcoming Party. I can see magic with this kind of vision. I looked at the door and I got my answer.

I saw thick white chains locking the door. If it was white, then the magic is black magic. Usually if there was regular vision, the chains will be black but since it was completely dark, it turned white. The chains couldn't be seen in regular vision, it was invisible. When I had my night visions on, I couldn't see it. The magic used here was invisibility and blocking magic.

"Thick invisible chains locked you in.", I told them.

"Do you have bolt cutters with you?", a voice asked. That was the most stupid question someone could ask me right now.  Who would have bolt cutters while teaching?