Chapter XVIII Connor: Moonlight Fever

Location: Fontate Street, Red Beach Side, Downtown Miracle Island

Date and Time: September 26; 5:58 pm

Connor's POV

"What's the time already?" Rence asked. We were walking silently on one of the roads in the RBS. We've been searching for some time now. We've already searched the Blue Plaza and the Yellow Hub. We left Ollie in the pet shop to rest for a bit.

I checked my watch. "It's already 5:58 pm."

"Great. The sun's setting too." Rence said looking in the distance. "In less than five minutes, the moon will rise already."

"What's with the night with you?" I asked him.

"It's not really the night. It's because of the moon." He said. "You'll find out later, I guess."

"Alright." I said to him.

"So, the anesthesia is airborne, right?" He changed the topic.

"Yes. If you smell it, then, you'll get the anesthesia in your system and then, you'll be asleep in just three minutes after inhalation." I replied.

"But, why didn't it affect you?" He asked.

"I'm immune to the effects of drugs." I said.

He looked surprised. "All drugs?" I nodded. "Wow. Is Bonnie also immune to drugs?" I nodded again. "I should really get that."

I chuckled. "It's hard to get it though. I'm sorry."

"That's too bad." Then, we spent some seconds silently walking.

"Nice shoes." I said, pointing to his shoes.

Rence smiled. "Thanks." We bought new clothes since we can't go to our houses in the Palace.

Rence wore a black leather jacket over a long sleeved black shirt that reaches on his wrists. It was cotton, so, it felt comfortable on him since it wasn't skin tight and he didn't have a hard time moving in it. He also had black gloves that only covered the lower part of his fingers, like the ones for biking but, it's leather. The gloves aren't really skin tight but it's fit on his fingers, with some space for comfort. Then, he also bought black, military cargo pants and army combat boots. He basically looked like a stealthy soldier ready for battle. He also had a silver chained necklace with two, silver, army dog tags. One of them had a outline of a wolf howling.

I was wearing a long sleeved red shirt with checkered black lines that only reached to the elbows, black jeans that comfortable for any exercise and black Timberland boots. I was also wearing my black Timex wrist watch on my left hand and a black laced bracelet with a circle that has an outline of an owl for a design. I also had a belt with many pockets around it that I attached the sheath of my sword. I kept my glasses in one of the pockets of the belt. I replaced them with my contacts. It would be hard for me to fight if I had glasses on.

For some reason, we had to wear black since we wouldn't want to be seen by the bones, though, I highly doubt it since they don't have eyes. And, we had to wear articles of clothing for athletic purposes since 'we're going to have a workout.' as Rence said earlier in the clothing shop.

Then, I spotted him getting something in his jacket's pocket. "What's that?"

He looked at me with confused eyes. Then, I pointed at his pocket. He then laughed. "Oh." He took the thing out. "This is Lilac's bracelet." It was a small beaded, black bracelet with silver spacers between each black bead. Then, it has a silver pendant that resembles a falcon.

"You have it?" I asked surprised that he still has it.

"Of course. It was made by her so I treasure it. And, why not? I never lost it, so, why wouldn't I have it?"