Chapter I Elsea: A New Sunrise For A New Adventure

Location: Rommelus Residences

Date and time: August 12; 4:00 in the morning

I opened my eyes to the sound of my alarm clock. It was the Harp version of one of my brother's songs. It was slow and in my ears, it was very pleasant. Most people ask me how I awake from that kind of soft melody. It's not normal for someone to do that. I'm not normal, people tell me, I'm unique.

I got up from my bed and stretched a bit. I looked at my alarm clock, it's four am, my usual wake up time. I put on my leather sandals and I held the candle holder at its base and brought the candle with me. The fire was still on, even though it's been burning for the whole night and the candle became small but I could still use it. I walked to the door and twisted its golden knob. I went out of my room and quickly but quietly closed the door. I don't want to wake up anyone, especially at this time of day.

I walked towards the kitchen and dining room. The white marble floor is vey cold in the morning. The air was cool and breezy. My hair moving with the breeze, my bangs covering my eyesight. While walking to the kitchen, I had to fix my hair.

I had to pass by my other family members' rooms to go to the kitchen and dining room. My room is at the very end of the sleeping quarters. The window is always open at the end of the hall. In between the rooms, there is plants and flowers situated there. The white marble wall had some cracks on it. It's probably because of the quarrels of my relatives. I fix them every end of the month but the cracks always appear again and again.

I walked quietly towards my destination. I don't want to wake up any of my relatives. When my relatives wake up at this time of day, they are usually cranky. They would scold me about being so noisy but they return to their rooms after some time. They usually wake up when the sun is already high. They get irritated by the sunlight in their rooms and they are forced to wake up. The sun is basically their alarm clocks. The only soul I see awake during this time of our is my brother Apollo.

I finally reached kitchen and dining room. In this house, the room near the sleeping quarters is the kitchen and dining room. My family probably did this since they're hungry every time they wake up. No long stairs, no other halls, just a few steps down a mini staircase and you'll find yourself in the kitchen and dining room.

The room is quite big for a normal household but then again, this old house houses a not-so-normal family. The dining room had several big, squarish, wooden tables and plenty of wooden chairs. The dining room looks like its from the Victorian times. Chandeliers from the 16th century hang from the ceiling and big windows are on the right side of the room, showing the beach not quite far away from the room. The hall in front of this room is the hall that leads to the other parts of the house. There is no door that separates the kitchen, which is at the left side of the room. There is only a hole in the wall that you could call a door. Because of this, everyone can smell the food even though it's still being prepared.

The dining room was dark since there is no sunlight. I don't open the chandeliers since they all open at the same time. If they do, my relatives would be blinded of the light. Fourtunately, I brought a candle. I walked to the kitchen since my breakfast is there. I entered the state-of-the-art kitchen and went straight to the brick oven, on of the last remaining pieces of the kitchen that is old. I got my triple cheese pizza and exited the kitchen.

I went to one of the tables and sat there. I then ate my pizza and indulged in its mesmerizing taste. I love cheese, I really do. This is one of my favorite pizzas and pizza is one of my favorite food. One because I love pizza, two it's Italian and three because I have only recently tasted pizza. Apollo was the one who prepared it too, that's why I love this pizza even more.