Chapter XIII Elsea: Flashback at the Rooftop

Location: Rooftop, The Palace Residences, Miracle College

Date and Time: September 25; 2:00 pm

"So, how are you?", Eros asked me.

"Well, I'm sitting on the rooftop of my apartment, not doing anything to help those in need and I'm waiting for the eagles to come back.", I said to him, annoyed. I was sitting on the edge of the rooftop with my right knee facing up while my left knee was hanging at the edge. I rested my right elbow on my right knee while my left hand was on my laptop.

"Well, at least you're safe.", he said to me.

"And the defenseless people aren't safe, they have been captured by bony assailants!", I exclaimed irritated.

"Look, it's Papa's orders. We can't change it once he said something.", Eros explained. He said Papa in an Italian accent.

Eros is one of my brothers. He had dark hazel hair that he keeps messy all the time. He had rich, forest green eyes that complemented his hair. He had this white complexion, similar to mine. He had no freckles or pimples on his face and looked like Italian in every way. He had the most charming smile, more charming than Apollo's. He was a handsome teenager, a year older than Apollo. He was taller than me, about the same height as Apollo. Basically, he was the most handsome guy in the world and I'm not kidding about it. Because of his beautiful appearance, he has a knack of getting the attention of all the girls he passes by.

"And Mama isn't doing anything about this? Isn't she the one who always wants me to do something for the weak and defenseless?", I asked him. I also have an Italian accent when it comes to saying Mama and Papa.

"Actually, Mama agreed for you just to sit down and be safe.", he said to me.

"What?", I muttered to myself. I don't have any one to support me in this, I thought.

"Mama and Papa just wants you to sit there and wait for the eagles to come back.", Eros repeated my parents' order.

"This waiting, it's exasperating! The thought that I can save the ones who need saving but an overprotective father just keeps me sitting on a roof, not thinking about the others who need my help!", I raised my voice.

"I know you're angry but I can't do anything about it.", he told me, his voice told me that he was probably hurt. I don't usually raise my voice on him and for me to raise it on him was more displeasing.

"I'm sorry Eros for raising my voice on you.", I told him, "It's just, I am displeased when I am not able to do anything to help others."

"It's ok. If I'm you, I'll probably do the same thing.", Eros forgave me quick. "How are the readings?"

I looked at my laptop and checked the video caught by the eagle scouts on their  eagle scopes or Escopes for short. "Well, Miracle Island is a ghost town. Apparently, these unwanted guests even targeted the downtown area of the island.", I told Eros.

"How about the dome?", he asked me.

I looked up. "Well, it's still the same black dome. It cuts the signal of phones or satellites so technically, the island is isolated.", I told him.

"Well, except for us. We're talking to each other.", he said playfully.

I smiled, while touching the volume button on my earpiece, "Yeah, thanks to the energy current  we're using instead of the usual signals, we can talk." I looked at my watch." The dome also makes the sun's light dimmer. It is only 2:00 pm but it looks like it's already 5:00 pm here."

"So, the sun can't light your way?", I felt a smirk on his face, even though he didn't want to have. The sun is one of  Apollo's most favorite things. He hated Apollo a lot and for something as valuable as the sun to not be effective in a time of crisis gives him a smirk though, deep inside, I know he doesn't want to have that smirk.