Chapter IV Terrie: Home Sweet Home

Location: Miracle College. Miracle Island

Date and Time: August 12; 4:00 pm

After we had a long, general faculty meeting, Bonnie, Rence, Connor and I walked towards the Palace. The sun was already setting in the west and the streetlamps were already open. Even though it seems like it's the end of the day, it's still not.  We still had a welcoming party to attend to.

We walked out of the main entrance of the High School building and walked going to the right towards the way of the Palace. Of course, we had a little chat along the way.

"Whew! That was a long meeting!", Rence exclaimed to us.

"It seemed like it would never end.", Bonnie laughingly added to the Rence's statement.

"Well, at least it's over already.", Connor maturely said to the group.

"But it still not the end of the day. We still have a welcoming party to go to.", I told the other three.

"Will Mr. Yolges be the one to host the party again?", Rence asked us.

"Who's Mr. Yolges?", Connor asked us since he was a new resident.

"Mr. Yolges is the manager of the Palace.", I responded to Connor's question.

"You mean the older, fat gentleman who always frowns?", Connor jokingly asked again.

"Yeah, he is!", I happily said.

"Well, from what I know, he always hosts the welcoming parties.", Bonnie told us.

Bonnie was the one who had worked here the longest. She came a year before Rence and I came. If it comes to questions like that, we look to Bonnie for answers.

We passed by Monty Road, the road separating the apartment from the school. We walked down a small and narrow road in the forest. We heard the birds chirping and the bugs buzzing.

"I don't like passing by this road.", Bonnie told us, irritated by the sound of the bugs. She isn't a fan of bugs.

"Well too bad Bonnie! You have to so you can go to the Palace.", Rence jokingly said to Bonnie.

"Who in the right mind would place an apartment in the middle of a forest?", Connor exclaimed to us, a hint of irritation in his voice.

I shrugged, "I don't know. It's probably because the people in charge of the project didn't want the students to just come to the apartment and just stay there. Why do you ask?"

"I'm not really into insects", Connor confessed.

Rence laughed a bit, "You're really like Bonnie!"

I have to agree with Rence on that one. Connor shares a lot in common with Bonnie. Well, I guess if you've been friends for years, you get to know a lot about each other.

We finally got out of the forest. I saw the lights that shine the Palace. An establishment stands in the middle of a forest. We've arrived.

The Palace is the most modern part of the School. It's the part of the school were you can live in. It's open mostly for the school staff, though they accept students too but it's hard to get  in the Palace since the school implements strict rules with accepting students. People don't really live here. It's  because the rent is very expensive.

The Palace looks more of a five-star hotel than an apartment to me. In front is a very beautiful garden, filled with different flowers and neatly-trimmed hedges. The Palace is very big and wide but it smaller than the school buildings. It has only eight floors, that includes the lobby and the basements but it has more or less a hundred rooms, rooms that look more like suites to me. It is white in color and there are a lot of windows. There is an activity center at the back of the Palace and has another garden on it's left side but larger and it is surrounded with trees, a perfect place to stroll down and collect thoughts.