Chapter X Terrie: Surprises at Dinner

Location: Downtown Miracle Island, Near Italy

Date and Time: September 1; 7:00pm

"Who are we waiting for again?", Rence asked me irritated. I guess he was getting impatient. He was striking his fingers at the table repeatedly, he was impatient already and bored. He leaned in front and tapped the table more.

"We're waiting for Gwen and her friend.", I told him for the third time.

"How much longer are we going to wait?", he asked me again. Sometimes he just acts like a kid.

"Oh, come on Rence, stop acting like a child!", Bonnie told him who was sitting next to him. I checked the time on my watch and it was 7:00 pm already. Our dinner was supposed to start at 6:00.

Rence pouted, "But I want to eat already!". Fortunately, he only does these childish acts in front of us three. Other people get spared from this.

We were at this fancy restaurant in Downtown MIracle Island. Aside from the school, this island has a "city" in it. Restaurants, shops, a theater and even a state-of- the-art hospital, this place had everything a city in the mainland would have.

We were sitting on a six person rectangular table. There were six chairs, two on the left, two on the right and two on each of the width of the table. Rence and Bonnie were at the left side, I was on one of the chairs on the right side and Connor was on one side of the width, near Bonnie and me.

"Anyways, let's talk about the prophesy Jillianne told.", Connor gave a topic. I bet he was irritated by Rence's crys too. Rence got interested and he stopped tapping the table with his fingers. We all got serious on this topic.

"So, you're telling us that Jillianne prophesized in your class.", Connor looked at me. I nodded.

"Did you report it already to the supervisors?", Bonnie asked.

"Yeah, I did. They're going to talk with Jillianne tomorrow.", I told.

"Why would she prophesize in the middle of the class? I mean, she picked a horrible time to do that.", Rence smiled as he said that.

"Well Rence,", Bonnie spoke, "you don't know when people will have their visions or prophesies."

"Jillianne did have a headache ever since the start of the day and that could be a sign. She had her first prophesy and that being sick is a sign for that.", Connor told us.

"But that came out of the blue, don't you think?", I asked them.

"It is.", Connor agreed, "Usually prophesies happen during a specific time, during a full moon or a new moon. Sometimes an eclipse but never in the afternoon like that."

"Probably an emergency?", Rence took a guess.

Bonnie laughed a bit, "There's no emergency prophesy!"

Rence defended himself, "Well, I'm no wise guy! How should I know? I'm don't I know these things! I'm just a Music teacher!"

Bonnie laughed and I couldn't help but smile. Connor had a smile that crept on his face too.

After a while, Rence spoke again, "You know, I hate prophesies. They're like riddles that are hard to solve and no one knows the answer." We all agreed to it.

"What surprised me was Elsea carrying Jillianne.", I told them.

Bonnie chuckled. "I don't even think I could do that."

Rence smirked at Bonnie and looked at Bonnie. He said in a romantic voice, "I think I could do it on you though, belle femme." He grabbed her hand and kissed it. Bonnie looked at him and he gave her a wink with a smile. He said belle femme in a very French way. Belle femme means beautiful woman in French.