Chapter XXVII Terrie: Out of Options

Location: Sports Complex, Red Beach Side, Miracle Island

Date and Time: September 27; 11:00 am

Terrie's POV

The four of us rushed up the stairs of the sports complex. We’ve been running from the beach front up to the sports center. The travel time to go to both places would’ve been around 20 to 25 minutes. And, we haven’t taken any break. We couldn’t, our friends were in danger.

Finally, we reached where Bonnie and the two were supposed to be. Elsea was the first one to reach them. “APOLLO?” She exclaimed so loud that it echoed down the stairs and other floors. I guess she was so worried for her boyfriend/step brother. Who wouldn’t? Apollo was probably the type of guy who would respond to a call quickly. For him not to, it meant that he was in serious trouble.

 The second one to get to them was Rence. And, I tried to hold my inner fan boy but couldn’t hide the smirk on my face.

“BONNIE ARE YOU ALRIGHT?” He screamed on the top of his lungs. How I would’ve love to record that and ship them so much. They’re so cute together. I thought. Then, I shook my head. Terrie what are you thinking? Focus on the mission first before the ship!

Eros and I finally reach the place where they were. I was met with a grim sight. “What happened?” I muttered under my breath.

There lied Apollo and Connor unconscious. Elsea was at Apollo’s side, trying to wake him up. Bonnie was sitting near Connor, his head on her lap. But, Bonnie…what happened to her? She was all covered in…blood? She had a horrible gash on her forehead and her left shoulder too was bleeding as well. And, her ankle seemed to be twisted. But, Romeo was already there at her side. I had to devote a large portion of my self-control to keep my mouth from twitching up.

“What happened in here?” Eros asked. “It’s like a twister hit this place!” And he wasn’t kidding. Everything was destroyed, creating so much mess on the floor. Connor would’ve flipped seeing the clutter this large.

“Not necessarily a twister.” Bonnie replied.

“What happened here Bonnie?” Rence asked, lightly touching her wounded shoulder.

“You see, when we were already doing the spell, everything seemed to go well but then,” she paused and took a deep breath. “There were enemies hidden within the environment of the victims. And they were activated only when we started. As if they were magic sensitive!” She exclaimed.

“So, long story short, you guys were attacked and all of this happened?” Eros asked.

Bonnie nodded. “I guess you can say that. We were all knocked out. I just woke up when I heard you guys calling for us.” Then, she touched her wounded shoulder. “Laeh.” She muttered and a red light shone and cured her cut. She did the same to the rest of her injuries.

 “I see.” Elsea said, closing her eyes and opening them afterwards. “So that’s what happened.” She was moving her fingers through Apollo’s face, lightly caressing the side of his face and eventually moving some of his hair out of his face. She held no emotions on her face.

“What happened to Golden Boy there?” Eros asked with a sour face. Do they really hate each other so much? Then, he chuckled. “Not so tough now, are you Apollo?” He sneered at him.

 Elsea shot him a scowl, a very angry scowl. But, did not speak. She looked at Apollo once more but, her mouth twitched downwards. “Apollo,” she muttered, “they got you too, huh?”

“Wait, you mean that-“ Eros was cut down by Elsea’s nod. “Golden Boy’s now a victim.” He muttered, sadness in his tone.

I looked at her shocked. “He is?” She nodded. “How do you-“

"I'm magic sensitive." She told me, cutting me out.

"Ah, I see." I told her.

"But anyways, he has the symptoms as well." Elsea spoke again. Then, she turned to Connor. "Did Connor get affected?"

"Oh, both of us are immune to it." Bonnie replied.

Elsea just nodded. "You better wake Connor up right now. I'll give a status report to HQ."

"Right."

***

"How long was I out?" Connor asked as he rolled his shoulders.

"Around an hour or so, I guess." Bonnie replied to him. "I just woke up."

"Huh, that long?" Connor muttered to himself. Then he noticed Rence. "The eclipse prolonged the Metamorphosis?"

Rence gave him a very toothy smile. "Got that right laddie."

"I think we should start with the spell again." Eros stated. "If everyone's already okay and everything."

Elsea nodded. "Yes, that's right. Back to the mission."

"Yeah, about that," Connor looked down.

"What's the matter?" I asked.

"Um, the jars actually broke." Bonnie hesitantly said. "So, we can't use it anymore."

Somehow it didn't surprise me. Why? Everything seemed to go down with the plan. "I feared something like this would happen." Elsea stated calmly. "But, do you have a back up plan?"

"Not really." Connor frowned a bit. "The charmed containers take about a day to accomplish. And, we're running out of time. We just can't afford to lose more time by waiting. All the ingredients for that charm is in Olympus."

"So, what can we do?" Eros asked.

"Can't we just fix the containers?" I asked.

"If we did, the charm on them will be gone. It will serve no use if it's like that." Bonnie answered this time.

"I guess there's nothing we can do." Connor said defeated. "Mission failed." That's quite pessimistic.

"Not yet! We'll think of something!" Eros grinned at us, trying to give hope to us.

"But, what can we do? We don't have a way to seal the anesthesia gas." Bonnie stated.

"Perhaps there is another way." Elsea spoke. We all looked at her.

"And that is?" I asked.

She looked at Apollo and stroked his hair. Then, she looked at us once more.

"Have you heard of a Pandora?"

Author's Note:

Wow, that was short. Anyways, thank you for reading this chapter (if there are still people who read this...) So, what's the pandora? And, will it be able to fulfill the mission? Find out in the next chapter, still in Terrie's POV. Thank you once again for reading! -Elca67