Chapter XIV Elsea: Every Cloud Has a Silver Lining

Location: The Palace Rooftop, Miracle College, Miracle Island

Date and Time: September 25; 2:10 pm

"What do you mean it's just the first wave?", Eros asked me, shaken up by the information I had just revealed to him.

"I mean that the monsters in the school are just a small task force to prepare something I still don't know. The rest of the infantry is still coming!", I exclaimed.

"Where did you find them?", he asked me, serious about the topic.

"They're still at the beach, about two to four miles away from the downtown area of Miracle Island. The rocky terrains that lie ahead of them should keep them at bay for a while but still, I don't know their capabilities.", I explained. There was a short moment of silence between us. Why didn't I see this before? I should've known this could happen, and it did happen. Why do you have to be so foolish Elsea? I blamed myself for my lack of knowledge.

"Hey, do you have a sample of the monsters your telling me about?", he asked me. He might be on to something here, I thought to myself.

"Yes, I have. Do you need it for tests?", I asked him. He'll probably need a sample to test if there is a power involved in this phenomenon, I thought to myself again.

"Yup. No natural element of the earth could make skeletons move. There must be something that made them move.", he told me. I smiled, I guess great minds think alike.

"Well, I felt this energy that animated them.", I told him while searching through my belt for the bone I got from my first assailant. As I got it from a pocket of my belt, he spoke,

"Really? I really think Hecate should check this out.", he muttered.

"Hecate's there?", I sighed in joy. If anyone knows powers in our family, it was Hecate.

"Yup. She finished a conference about scientific things I don't really care about yesterday.", Eros stated.

"I see.", I told him. Eros doesn't really like science. He often gets bored by it. 

"So, what was the energy that you felt with the bones?", he got a playful tone and emphasized the word bones. I smiled a bit. I like his playful side. Also, being an energy user too, he could understand my situation.

I looked at it and felt it. It was very brittle but strangely, the skeleton was still able to move like it was still alive. "It was completely dark energy. I have an energy bomb of the energy I got from them. Ask Hecate to search through it too."

"Sure. Send the things now so Hecate can check it already." Eros uttered.

"Alright.", I followed his head.

I reached for another small, metallic box at my left thigh holster again. I got it and clicked at the button on top of it. It expanded and became a bigger box than before. I opened the box and I placed the bone sample inside the box. I closed the opening tightly. "Sending it to you now. It will be probably be in the transpobox.", I told Eros.

"Sure.", he told me.

I clicked on the button twice and this small monitor appeared on the surface of the box. On the monitor, the following words blinked:

SENDING BOX TO: HOME

PLEASE PRESS THE BUTTON ONCE IF YOUR ANSWER IS "YES". CLICK THE BUTTON TWICE IF YOUR ANSWER IS "NO".

I pressed the button once. Then the box make a quiet beeping sound. Then, another set of words appeared on the monitor:

VERY WELL, THE TRANSPORTING SYSTEM WILL COMMENCE  WHEN THE BEEPING SOUND START IN THREE SECONDS.  YOU WILL THROW THE BOX AS HIGH AS YOU CAN WHEN IT SHRINKS.