Chapter VIII Elsea: As the Sun Settled Down

Location: Room O-223, Omega level, The Palace, Miracle College

Date and Time:  August 22; 5:30 pm

I finished all my home works already. I finished doing my research in Science about matter, reading my book about powers in Powers 101 and Christianity in Religion, answering my homework Maths and English and memorizing the speech of Martin Luther King Jr. for History in 30 minutes.

I was preparing my dinner for the night. It was just simply garlic bread and spaghetti with white sauce. I sliced two, thick pieces the garlic bread and my pasta was boiling in the pot. My sauce was just sitting on the table, waiting for the pasta. After some minutes, I took out my perfectly cooked pasta out of the boiling waters of the pot and into a small plate. I got the pot and threw away the water in the sink and placed it in the sink too.

I brought the plate filled with pasta and the bread on the dining table and sprinkled the white sauce on top of it. I twirled the fork into the pasta and started to eat.

"Is it good?", a person asked me.

"Of, course,", I said proud, "It's my cooking Apollo.",  I looked at the screen of my tv and saw him smiling.

"I know. I miss it already.", he then said.

Apollo had his hair messy that day. His dark golden hair was in messy spikes and I loved it. He was wearing a white shirt that really complemented his looks. Well, everything complements him.

We usually do this at the end of each day. We both talk to each other using our own video chat over the tv. I usually hang out with him during the weekends too but I never come home. I don't want to be in that cage, even though my family was there and I dearly missed them.

"So, how's school?", Apollo asked me.

"It's fine. Finished all my homework already." , I replied.

"How about your teachers?", he asked my again. He always does the mandatory check-up.

"Well, they're fine.", I told him but he didn't seem pleased with my answer. "Sir Intellus still rarely smiles and he taught us advanced geometry which was so easy. Sir Jovius cracked jokes and made us read about powers. Sir Jolte taught us the history of music and its details which I'm sure you'll love.", he smiled a bit. "Ms. Floreax taught us nouns, pronouns, verbs and adjectives. Sir Euston, my Religion teacher, taught us about Christianity today. Ms. Joaquin, our Gym teacher, started the Soccer games already. My Science teacher, Sir Rilles, taught Einstein's law. We didn't have Arts, Computer and History and Culture class today." I gave him a full report on things.

He smiled, happy about the report I gave him, "That's good. And how are you?"

"I'm tired from everything and I just want to eat my dinner and relax. I did have a long day, you know", I told him, feeling tired out of the blue. He didn't reply back.

"So how's everyone?", I asked him. It was my turn to ask the questions.

"Well, Ares and Hermes went home and stayed for a while. Eros left for some important job. And Aphrodite went to a fashion show in Milan. Everyone else did their usual businesses", he then told me.

I chuckled, "So, with Eros gone, you have the peace you've always wanted."

"Yup and I got to talk to you without anyone just interrupting. It's really nice to talk to you undisturbed", he laughed a bit.

I was flattered. That boy always knows how to make me flatter and blush. "You're blushing!", he told me happily, his eyes bright with happiness. I wasn't aware of it though. I was surprised and looked away, hiding my embarrassment. "Hey, it's ok, you look cute when you blush." I blushed even more and my heart pumped faster. I hate it when this happens to me.