p r o l o g u e

"We're spending our summer where?" Gideon asked his mother with a confused expression etched to his face.

"In Gravity Falls dear, with your Uncle Bud." She smiled warmly which made Gideon felt a bit uncomfortable. She knew Gideon hated leaving the house so why the sudden action?

"Wait what? No!" Gideon protested. Clearly he didn't want to leave.

"Don't worry kid; your cousin will go with you. She should be here right
.. about .....now." Gideon's father said slowly as if he was making a countdown.

Gideon paused for a moment waiting for something to happen. "I could've shown she should've been here by now. Maybe traffic wa-" then after that Gideon's father's sentence was cut off.

A knock was heard from their front door, interrupting him. Gideon's father smiled and headed straight to the door. "I told you." He grinned as he opened the door revealing a pretty blonde haired girl.

"Hey Pacifica, I thought you'd never come!" Gideon's father laughed.

"Oh I'd never miss out on an opportunity for an adventure." Pacifica smiled making hand gesture to show how excited she is. "Come on Gideon! The bus is waiting."

"Well, good luck and don't give your uncle some trouble okay? Be a good boy." Gideon's father told him. He just nodded his messy hair bouncing as his head moved.

"Yes. Dad." He replied before he got dragged away by his cousin.

"Bye sweetie we'll miss you!" His mother waved.

"Bye mom! Bye dad!" Gideon waved back before he went in the bus.

"This is so exciting!" Pacifica said barely containing her excitement. But as for Gideon, he was rather unhappy that he was pushed to go at an unfamiliar place with his over energetic cousin to help out his uncle that he doesn't even know.

It was not how he imagined his summer will be.

Waiting patiently to arrive at their destination, Gideon eventually fell asleep. But Pacifica didn't.

She kept her eyes wide open, staring out the window, hoping and praying that it would be her best summer yet.

"Gravity Falls; I wonder what you have in stored." She told herself.
She sighed and sat back, putting her hands to the pocket of her jacket.

She just stared out in the open again and slowly her eyes closed the she unknowingly fell asleep.

A few minutes later she woke up by the sound of the bus' honking. She looked around and saw the sign with the name "Gravity Falls" written on it.

"Oh my gosh Gideon we're almost there!" She shook the person beside her.

"Huh, what?" Gideon asked unaware of what she just said.

Pacifica let out a squeal as the bus stopped. "Come on!" She said excited as she grabbed her huge bag and went down the bus. Gideon followed lazily walking.

He barely got his other feet off the bus but the bus door closed making him jump out. Pacifica laughed hysterically.

"Get your baby feet walkin cause uncle bud is waiting for us in the Mystery Shack!" Pacifica said skipping her way towards where the sign to the Mystery Shack pointed.

"It's not my fault I have short legs." He groaned dusting off his clothes then grabbing his bag.

"Keep up slow poke!" Pacifica yelled from a distance.

"Coming, coming." He sighed trying his best to walk as fast as he can.

And just when Pacifica was about to step on the door way, she stopped and took a deep breath. "This is it." She told herself positioning her hand to knock.

"Pacifica! Wait up! You didn't-" Gideon stopped to catch his breath. He was tired from all that running that he didn't even realize he already was in front of their destination.

Pacifica laughed at Gideon before knocking. "Uncle Bud!" She called.

And the door opened revealing a big man wearing a pink Hawaiian shirt and a straw hat. "Oh, hey kids." He smiled.

"Welcome to the mystery Shack." He said. "What was your name again?"

"It's me Uncle Bud." Pacifica rolled her eyes. Bud laughed and messed Pacifica's hair. "I'm just kidding you Pacifica."

Bud's attention was then turned to Gideon who was lying on the ground still trying to catch his breath. "What happened to him?" Bud asked.

"Running." Pacifica laughed as she entered the living room.

"Come on Gideon!" She called Gideon, who was struggling to get up. Bud sighed and helped him up. "Thanks Uncle Bud." Gideon said before grabbing his bag and following Pacifica.

"Hey uncle Bud where're our rooms?" Pacifica asked.

"Rooms? Right." Bud said leading them to the attic which was surprisingly spacious.

"Here you go." He said opening the door and revealing a bedroom that had a bed on two opposite sides.

"Make yourselves at home." Bud said before leaving the two to unpack.

"I call this bed!" Pacifica said jumping on the bed on the left side.

"This one's mine then." Gideon said putting his bag beside the bed. He screamed when he noticed the goat on it. Pacifica just laughed.