t w o

Gideon's POV

I can't believe Pacifica was actually serious about working to earn money just to see a show. What did she see there anyway? Is the poster that convincing?

I just sighed and kept on reading the journal. The first time I flipped the pages of these book I already knew that I won't have an ordinary summer here. Knowing there are so many unfamiliar, unusual and weird creatures roaming around the place he was staying at.

I honestly am the kind of person who'd rather stay in my room and read books or maybe play some video games, in other words I was a shut-in. But after reading this book I found the urge to search for adventure.

And if I want adventure I need to prove these things on this journal are real. But how? I don't think anyone will believe the stuffs written here but me. These are all bizarre creatures and probably more than half of the people that I'll tell about this will think I'm delusional for believing these stuffs.

Even though I haven't seen any creature from the book I believed it was real, but still with a bit of doubt. Like the saying goes, "to see is to believe".

Now, who could possibly help me on this adventure?

Dipper's POV

"What? Dipper it can't be 'The Gleeful Twins' without you. It'll just be Mabel Gleeful if you won't perform." Grunkle Stan said.

"So? Who said I needed to do this anyway?" I said putting my feet on the coffee table.

"You did." He said. "After making your sister to perform."

I groaned while rolling my eyes. "That was 2 years ago; back then Mabel dear couldn't handle her powers well. She can do it in her own now." I said putting my feet off the coffee table and started walking away.

"Do you want to upset your sister by not doing this?" Grunkle Stan said.

I sighed and just kept on walking.

"Come on Dipper you know your sister won't agree to this!" He yelled as I walked upstairs.

Why bother? I don't do anything there anyway. Mabel's the one who kept the show going; I'm just an assistant there.

I went up my room and slammed the door shut. This life is not what I wanted. I've been in Gravity Falls for a long time and I know I could do a lot better than performing stupid kiddie tricks to the same people from this town.

"Dipper!" I heard my furious sister yell from afar. Her voice was muffled because I was locked in a room. Then a loud knock was heard.

"Dipper Gleeful, stop being a jerk and do the show with me! I don't wanna look like an idiot doing a trick there alone! Plus we already practiced the lines!" Mabel complained.

"You can do it on your own Mabel dear. You're the star of the show after all." I said. And before I knew it my door was busted down.

"You are doing that show whether you like it or not!" She snapped her finger and out came the journal number 2 from my closet. "Or else." She smirked putting out a match.

"You wouldn't dare." I glared.

"Oh would I?" She said confidently while raising her eyebrow. And knowing Mabel she's probably gonna do it so I had no other choice. I groaned and stood up.

"Fine! I'll do the stupid show!" I said grabbing the journal away from her.

"Great! Now that's settled, get dressed the shows starting in an hour and we need to get in the Tent of Telepathy to get the materials ready." She said with a smile while strutting out my room. I rolled my eyes and grabbed my usual outfit whenever we perform.

***

"The place is all packed up, it's show time!" Soos said. Mabel just gave him a thumbs up which was a sign to open the curtains.

"Howdy there folks! Who's ready to see some magic?" Mabel said faking a perfect southern accent.

I just forced a smile as I took out the equipment for our first trick while Mabel says her lines. The few minutes were a blur. It was dull and boring, like our other performances. Or at least it is for me. But even though it was repetitive people still liked it and kept coming back for more.

"And now for our finale!" I heard Mabel yell excitedly. "Bring out the magic box!" She said and Soos came in pushing the box to the stage. It's not the usual saw-someone-in-half box, like those shows fake magicians try to master. It was way more than that, and it definitely wasn't that box that anyone can get out of, no secret doors or secret hiding spot so you'll dodge the thing that'll stab you.

"Y'all know how this goes you right?" She asked. "Which one of you wants to volunteer?!"

The whole place started to get loud, people we're yelling and begging to be chosen. But really, we often choose the ones who doesn't really want to but just says they want to because of peer pressure.

One by one I scanned the audience to find the perfect subject for tonight. And I think I might've found him. I smirked and signaled Mabel I found out subject and she just smiled.

"Dipper dear, do the honors on picking one person from the audience." She said and they started cheering, assuming I'd call them.

"Eenie, meenie, miny. You." I said pointing at the kid wearing a pine tree cap. His eyes widened as the person beside him shook him in excitement.

"Gideon you're so lucky!" The blonde beside him said.

"Gideon, come on up." I said offering my hand. He was shaking in fear as he walked up the stage.

"Gideon everyone!" Mabel pointed at the white haired boy. The place cheered.

"Now Gideon, step in the box." Mabel said. He slowly did what he was told; everyone could tell he was very very nervous. The moment he was in I closed the door shut making him gasp.

"And now for the trick." I said bringing out a set of swords. Everyone gasped as if they were surprised. We've been doing this almost every week yet they still seem surprised and anticipated whenever we start planting the swords in the box. Blood dripped down from the box as me and Mabel still continue stabbing the person inside. We didn't stop planting swords until the screaming stopped.

Some couldn't keep their eyes off the box, and some couldn't bear to look at it. There we're even some saying they regret going here. But it seems regret could be seen in everyone's eyes when we let them see a little peak of Gideon's bloody corpse.

We removed the bloody swords from the box, off of Gideon's body and with a snap of a finger he was brought back to life. We opened the door and let them see he was unharmed, even his clothes we're mended and blood stain free. Everyone cheered once more.

"The Gleeful Twins everyone!" Grunkle Stan announced then after that Mabel broke into a song.

I found myself rescanning the audiences' minds. All of them we're amazed, well, almost all of them. Of course the volunteer was confused as ever since he went over the trick of dying by being impaled and then being brought back to life after.

"It doesn't make sense." He said in his mind. How do I know? Well this place isn't called Tent of Telepathy for nothing.

Then he brought out something from his jacket. Maroon, gold, worn out. Could it be?

"Good night y'all!" Mabel bowed after her song. I did the same then off we went to the back stage.

Finally I found it. Journal number 3, you will be mine. And I will finally go on with my plan. And all I have to do now is how I'll get that journal from Gideon Pines.