e i g h t e e n

Gideon's POV

"The cipher wheel won't work." Said a voice from afar. We all knew that voice all too well.

Mabel glared at him, getting ready to reach for her amulet. But Dipper's hand was too fast, he was already gripping his. It was like she was frozen or paralysed, Mabel tried so hard to resist the force that made her hand stuck but it was no use. You can tell she's trying her best because her arm was shivering, a sign that she's moving her hand but something's stopping her.

"I draw my power from this little demon, so do you. But this time I have more." Dipper grinned as blue light started to surround us. My eyes widened, looking around for an escape. Hope started to disappear right before my eyes. All I could think of is going home.

"No use." Mabel said. "We'll have to take out the source."

Dipper let out a loud hysterical laugh. "You can try, but I'm sure you'll probably fail." As he spoke, his feet started to hover above the ground. Levitation, one of their mastered power. That and telekinesis. But their one true power is telepathy. Which is why I tend to refrain from thinking of the plan.

"What's the matter Gideon? Are you scared?" Dipper levitated his way towards me with a grin that is clearly trying to mock me. I just stayed quiet. No use to speaking my mind since he can already read them.

"Enough of this." Mabel said, catching all of our attention. "I know you're out there Will. This isn't like you!"

Then the blue light flickered. I thought this would affect Dipper negatively but he just laughed.

"Forget the old him, that version of him was weak!" Dipper said. "He likes his new version now." he added.

"New version?" Mabel let out a hysterical laugh that confused all of us. "You merely revived his real old version; the one that was out of control!"

 Dipper smirked. "So you did know this little demon's history." He waved his hand which made the spell on Mabel be removed. "Tell me more dear sister. What else do you know about him?" He asked mockingly as he circled around Mabel.

There was a long silence between the two, but the tension was still there. I could tell in their eyes that they were already having a conversation in their minds. This is the power of the Gleefuls... It's kind of fascinating but at the same time... scary.

Just as I was about to speak a silhouette appeared near them. A figure of a body... no... two bodies. Then a loud blood curling scream was heard... from Mabel. Before I knew it we were both on the ground. There was a pool of blood starting to surround Mabel's body. I looked up to see Will on his human form and my once idol, the author, near me as they just watch Dipper treat his sister badly.

"You know too much Mabel dear. I can't have that." I heard Dipper say before I blacked out.

When I regained my consciousness I found myself surprisingly lying on top of a comfortable bed. Beside me was my cousin, Pacifica, who was sleeping soundly. I noticed something attached to her arm so I looked over at mine. I knew it, we're being held as prisoners. I sighed as I sat up making then chains on my hand create a not so loud almost bell-like sound. 

"You're lucky Dipper reconsidered." I heard a voice. "It's because of her."

I looked around to see Will standing near the entrance of the room. He had a different aura, more confident, less cowardly like before this weirdpocalypse. I don't really understand what Mabel was trying to do but right now all I can do is thank her because she thought of a plan.

"Will..." I tried talking to him. "Which side are you on?"

"The winning side." He answered simply.

"But which one is the winning side? The twins are basically against each other." I asked.

Will looked at me, his one eye staring at my very soul. "I'm always on the side who I benefit most from." That was all he said before disappearing. As if on cue, the door opened revealing Dipper. 

He looked at me coldly before his eyes landed on the person beside me. "Wake her up." He instructed. I, of course, did what he said. I repeatedly called her name while shaking her. 

"What?" She asked grumpily as she glared at me. I'm guessing she was having a nice dream. "Oh, hey Gideon." 

Before I could even reply Dipper spoke up. "Took you long enough." He said before walking towards us. The chains on Pacifica's arm suddenly glowed then she was free. Instead of smiling she looked at me with a frown. Then she tilted her head to face Dipper. "He's unharmed." Dipper said before he used his powers to make Pacifica levitate her way towards Dipper.

I was just staring at them as they left me alone in this room again.

"It may not look like it but clearly my brother is fond of the two of you. But since you're basically an enemy now you can't be the one to play the important part of the plan." Mabel looked at me. "Pacifica, your personality make you less suspicious. I need you to sweet talk my brother into not harming you, make it look like you're on his side. Also, try to convince him to not harm Gideon, that would be a bigger help."

"You, Gideon, are coming with me to confront my brother. There will be no escape but since you are sort of like his key to making this weirdpocalypse happen, he should be able to rethink about killing you." I froze up hearing the word kill.

Mabel had a serious look on her face as she explained, this was rare to see for me. She usually had this sort of bitchy face whenever she's with us but now it seems like it's not like that. She kept explaining the plan to us to make sure we got it. Well, I would probably do the same if I had a plan to stop this weirdpocalypse. It's not just Gravity Falls at stake here after all. It may be the whole world.

"Pacifica, I know this will be too much to ask but if you get the chance..." Mabel looked at my cousin with a pained face. "please... kill my brother."