f o u r t e e n

Third Person's POV

"Clearly everyone sees that you are hopeless on stopping me now." Dipper said confidently. "Its only a matter of seconds till that portal opens." He said checking his watch.

He gave Mabel a look before letting Stan go by hitting him hard on a wall. Stan fell unconscious because of the impact. "Countdown with me shall you?" Dipper laughed as he opened the metal door that lead to the portal room.

"10." Dipper began counting down. Mabel took it as a signal and let go of the two the same way as Dipper did to their great uncle; only hers way less harsh than Dipper's.

"9." Dipper continued his countdown. Gideon wasn't harmed but Pacifica got knocked out.

"8."

Gideon tried calling Pacifica and shaking her to see if she'd wake up. And luckily she did.

"7."

They tried to wake Stan but his head hit one of the pipes that's why he was unconscious.

"6."

After hearing that the countdown has already reached '6' Gideon and Pacifica realized they had no more time to spare. They had to go to that room and close that portal once and for all.

"5."

As they ran towards the door they felt themselves slowly being lifted up but they could still move. They were just being levitated, obviously it was another anomaly.

"4."

They couldn't feel their feet on the ground anymore. They were practically swimming their way in midair to the room.

"3."

They found their way to the door not far from Dipper and Mabel who was also floating.

"2."

Dipper face them with a huge victorious grin on his face. "1." He said and a blinding light blue ray was emitted from the portal. It was so bright that it appeared as if it was white.

Stan's regaining of consciousness was definitely wrong timing because just when he opened his eyes all he saw was the blinding light from the portal that was a sign that they were too late.

There was a very large pushing force that made all of them be shoved away from the portal. The impact on Gideon and Pacifica was way larger since they were in midair while Dipper and Mabel weren't that way from the ground and they were holding on to something.

Since Pacifica got knocked out earlier being hit again would affect her big time.

As the portal opens all the cab be heard was Stan and Gideon screaming 'no' and Dipper's psychotic laugh.

The white light only lasted for seconds so when they recovered from it they instantly did what they think should be done.

Gideon went straight to Pacifica and tried to wake her up for the second time around; shaking her and yelling her name repeatedly over and over again till she regained her consciousness.

"What happened?" She asked looking around. Before Gideon could answer a very angry Stan Gleeful cut his sentence off.

"Dipper you idiot! You just doomed us all!" He ran quickly and aimed for Dipper. Stan lifted Dipper up by his collar and threatened to punch him.

"Do it." Dipper challenged making Stan angrier.

"Admitting defeat already?" Dipper taunted. Stan just glared at him and let him down.

Stan suddenly felt bad raising his fist to a kid he raised and treated like his own son.

"Oh wait. You already lost right? What's to admit?" Dipper laughed and turned his back on Stan as he walked towards the portal where he expects something exciting to happen; something that will change everyone's perspective about him.

They were about to approach Dipper when something began to seem off about the portal. Something was coming out of it - no, not something but someone.

"Oh no." Stan muttered as he began backing away from him.

The person that went out of the portal smirked and began scanning the room for a particular person. The moment his eyes laid down on the person he immediately went down the platform and headed to Dipper.

"Dipper my boy, you did it!" He said patting Dipper's back.

"Thank you Great Uncle Ford. I learned from the best." Dipper replied and bowed to his mentor.

"Great Uncle?" Gideon looked at Ford then Dipper.

"Yes. Also, he happens to be the author of the journals." Dipper said proudly.

Gideon immediately felt bad about trying to stop Dipper and Mabel from opening that portal. He only thought about the result and din't know the reason why they wanted to open the portal in the first place. "I'm sorry..." Gideon apologized. "-for trying to stop you."

"It's okay Gideon, you helped me try and rebuild this portal so that's enough to cover up for that." Dipper said with a smile. A smile that looked so sincere it was unusual to see it on Dipper's face. 

"Is this a friend of yours Dipper?" Ford asked pointing to Gideon.

Dipper eyed Gideon, his eyebrows were furrowed making Gideon feel a bit uncomfortable and insecure. "Yes." Dipper answered simply.

"It's great that you made friends while I was away." Ford ruffled Dipper 's hair. Dipper just smiled.

Stan's POV

I opened my eyes slowly once I regained my consciousness. The first thing I did was search for Dipper.

My eyes we're a bit blurry but I could tell there were 4 silhouettes that I could make out. There was one with yellow hair which I assume is Bud's niece and the one with the white hair was Bud's nephew. I tilted by head a bit to the right and saw Dipper.

I instantly got up then ran towards him, readying to beat the crap out of Dipper to knock some sense to him.

"Stan?" A familiar voice said. I felt mixed emotions because of that.

"Ford." I faced him. I didn't know whether I should be mad or happy because of what Dipper did but what I did know is that I can't rewind and undo it.

My brother is back, although it's great to regain a family member I fear what will happen when he's now here.

"Stan!" Ford gave me a great hug as if he really missed me. It made me feel relieved but uneasy.

"Whatever you're planning... don't do it Ford." I said not bothering to hug back.

I could sense he had this sickening smirk on him. "No can do brother." He whispered before letting go. He then put on a genuine smile that can fool anyone that he's actually nice though he's not.

"Ford..." I started with a threatening tone. He just gave me a smirk before heading out with the kids.