t w e l v e

Gideon's POV

Time check. 15 more hours before the thing we are waiting for. 15 more hours till the portal opens.

We've been doing nothing but guard the vending machine to prevent anything get through it. Dipper was left underground while me and his twin sister, Mabel, are the ones who stood guard.

"It's gonna be a pretty long day for us huh?" I tried to open up a conversation. But since Mabel can be a huge snob, I wasn't noticed.

"You know-"

"Shut up." She said glaring at me. Hm, I guess she heard me at the first time, just chose to not mind me.

"Okay." I said looking down.

"GIDEON!" I heard Pacifica yell.

"What?"

"Bud is ignoring me now. There's a risk that he'll go here. Wanna switch jobs for now?" She asked.

"Uh..." I wasn't even finished with my answer she already said "Thanks" and pulled me out my place. "He's in the living room watching TV." She pointed.

I just groaned and went there. As I was walking I suddenly feel like I was floating in mid air. "Oh no." I muttered before my face collided with the floor.

The anomalies are getting stronger and stronger. I guess this is the sign of the nearing of the portal's opening. I was instantly bumped by the man I was supposed to be looking after.

"Kid you okay? There was this weird disturbance and — what happened to your face?" He laughed.

I just ignored him and headed to the living room. I know uncle bud will follow me because he's sure to make fun of me. And I was right. While we watched TV he just kept making jokes about my injured face that I should probably wash, disinfect and put an ice block on.

When uncle Bud's laughter has died down I had time to think about things that I usually over think about.

Why hasn't something bad happen yet?

When is it gonna happen?

Is it before or after the portal opens?

Not that I want something bad to happen. It's just unusual for a project as big as this to not get interrupted or at least tried to get interrupted.

It's bound to happen.

But if it doesn't it either means no one wants to stop this or Dipper just fully planned everything to perfection.

Dipper' POV

"WHAT?!" I started pacing back and forth the room when I heard Will's news. "Isn't there anything that could stop him?"

"I'm afraid not master. He's already on his way here. Stan sensed that you activated the portal a fee anomalies ago." Will explained.

I groaned and massaged my head. "Think of something to slow him down then! I can't risk failing to open this damn portal! I waited years Will and if your mistakes will make this operation fail again I will do more tortures to you. Far worst than the last." I glared at him.

Will shivered in fear. "Yes master." He bowed and returned to his triangular shape so he'll be able to move freely and more easily than in his human form.

"Oh, and Will..." I called to him.

"Yes master?"

"Are you regretting it now?" I smirked.

Will stayed silent. I just laughed before letting him proceed to his new mission.

***

"Ownership?" I raised an eyebrow to the blue triangular demon in front of me.

"It is the only way I could pay the debt I have to you master Dipper." He said sincerely.

"But all I did was summon you." I said looking at the book the cited incantations.

"And by doing so you allowed me to materialize to this dimension." He said.

"So anyone who summons you is your master?" I asked. He just nodded.

I paused then looked at him with an eyebrow raised. "How am I so sure I could trust you?" I pointed my finger at him. "You are a demon after all."

"I can assure you that as long as you are my master I will remain loyal to you for eternity." He said.

"And if I die?"

"I will save you if you wish." He said.

"How? You can't even touch me." I taunted. "Your only power is in the mindscape."

"Master, when I say materialize I mean fully." He said and slowly he began transforming into a humanoid figure. "I can conjure up enough power to shape shift into familiar objects that I have seen. And in that case, that means a lot." He bragged.

And being the naive kid I was I gladly accepted his offer. I became a master of a demon that I now own.

Over the years I felt myself being rotten. So being me I disowned my demon without telling him why, but since he was all knowing he probably already read my mind about it.

Bad things were already happening to us. It was probably because of our instant fame and fortune given to us by the book, the journal that contained secrets about the town that no one can imagine.

We gained things from the journal that was beyond riches and fame. We gained power; literal powers, one that will allow you to be superhuman.

That triggered the inner evil in me.

Grunkle Stan grew afraid of what my sister and I have become so he hid the journals. But I was able to retrieve one of them.

One of the things I didn't want to happen happened. I recalled the demon that was once mine and claimed him as mine once more.

I sensed he was less confident that time. Probably wondering why a little kid threw him like he was garbage and that he was useless. Will was broken inside, which made him easier to manipulate.

He let me and Mabel toy with him, believing that it would be better. He wasn't what he used to be.

So were we.