o n e

Pacifica's POV

Yesterday we were on a trip to gravity falls, now here we are. Day 2 of being here in the Mystery Shack. Yesterday was all about the unpacking, now, it's time of sight seeing!

I roamed around the shack looking at the weird things Uncle Bud put here. If I'm not mistaken this place is a tourists trap so I'm bound to find something here.

Geez everything is so overpriced. Seriously? A snow globe here costs $200?!

"Hey kid, hang these signs on the forest will you? I can't ask Gideon cause he's too, you know, wimpy. And fat." Uncle Bud said. I raised an eyebrow looking at him head to toe. And he called Gideon fat.

"Stop looking at me like that and start hanging these signs." He said grumpily as he handed me the stack of signs.

"Fine." I pouted before going out the door.

On my way outside, I bumped into Gideon. "What's that?" He asked.

"Signs. Uncle Bud told me to hang these around so more people will go here." I replied.

"Can I help?" He asked.

"Yeah sure, you can lift these tools." I said pointing on the ones that was on a tool box.

"Will do." He said saluting using his left hand before lifting up the tools. And off we go.

***

After a few minutes we decided to split up so we'll take less time. I finished hanging mine while Gideon hasn't yet cause I went back the Shack and he was nowhere to be found.

So I decided to go back and look for him.

"Gideon! Gideon!" I called out repeatedly. But no one replies so I just kept calling his name.

As I walked around not caring about directions, I saw a poster of two brunettes my age. A boy and a girl who are completely identical. The poster had a huge writing under their picture which said, "The Gleeful Twins". I then realized they we're both performers when I saw the details under the title.

I smirked and put it on the pocket of my jacket. Then off to finding Gideon I go.

After a few minutes I figured maybe he was already back too so I walked my way home, surprisingly I didn't get lost. I underestimated myself thinking I would.

And on the doorstep of the mystery shack, I found Gideon reading a book.

"Hey, there you are!" I said to get his attention. He tilted his head upwards and looked at me.

"Pacifica! You won't believe what I found in the woods!" He said excitedly. Woah, he's never been this excited before.

"Me too." I smirked. "You first." I said motioning him to speak.

"Look at this!" He said showing me the cover of the book. It was maroon, with a huge gold paper shaped like a hand with a number 3 on it. It was old and worn out.

"Antique book? Seriously Gideon?" I raised my eyebrow.

"Not just any book, look." He said flipping through its pages and kept on rambling about nerdy stuffs.

"Yeah yeah that's great." I said cutting him off. "But look at what I found." I said bringing out the poster from my pocket.

"Woah. Who is that?" He asked pointing at the poster.

"They're the Gleeful Twins and they're performing a magic trick tomorrow at the Tent of telepathy." I said. "They do magic Gideon! Magic!"

"Well that's exciting." He said staring at the poster.

"We gotta tell Uncle Bud to take us there." I said grabbing his arm and dragged him with me to Uncle Bud.

We went straight to the living room cause Uncle Bud's probably there and I was right. We found him sitting on the couch watching Ducktective and a bowl of popcorn in his hands.

"Uncle Bud!" I called with a tone that made me sound like I was singing. I brought out the poster and as I opened my mouth to speak he cut me off. 

"No." Uncle Bud said without even glancing at the poster.

"Why not?" I whined blocking the TV to get his attention, almost shoving the poster to his face.

"Cause those kids are bigger frauds than I am." He said turning his attention to the TV.

"But come on! It'll be fun! If you won't take us there I will..... I-I will uh...." Ugh, what scares Uncle Bud the most? Quick Pacifica, think! 

"I will turn the TV off!" I said positioning my hand to click the power button. He just raised his eyebrow. I turned it off and expected an angry response but instead he didn't even bulge. He grabbed the remote from behind him and turned it back on.

I pouted and snatched the remote from him, he just looked at me with bored eyes as I turned it off once more. "Gideon turn it back on or no dinner." He said.

Gideon's eyes widened then ran to the TV and turned it on. Wow, this old man knows how to threaten people. Maybe this is how he makes people buy his products.

Wait a second... that's it!

"Uncle Bud if you don't take us to the show I will give everyone refunds." I threatened. He stopped what he was doing and looked at me intensely.

"You wouldn't dare." He glared. I smirked and held my chin. "Wouldn't I?"

After a long staring contest Uncle Bud gave in. "Fine I'll take you there." 

"Yes!" I jumped in excitement.

"But I ain't paying for your passes." Uncle Bud added, killing the happy vibe I just started.

"If you aren't gonna pay for our passes how are we supposed to go there?"

"I don't know, figure it out yourself kid. I ain't lending you no money." Uncle Bud said sitting comfortably on his chair.

I glared at him. "Challenge accepted." I said before going up my room to think of something.

I really wanna see that show. I don't know in particular why, but I feel like I'm being called to go there. Like some kind of force.

"Why not just ask for payment by doing a job?" I heard someone say as I listed out the things that could earn me money.

"Oh, hey Gideon." I said looking at him as he sat on the edge of his bed, bringing out the book he found in the woods.

"Wait, so you mean I should ask for a salary or something like that?" I asked.

"Yeah, you do technically work for him. And every worker must have a salary." He said not turning his attention from his silly book.

"Right..... Great idea Gideon!" I said smiling.

I'm gonna work hard tomorrow, so I could ask for a salary before we go.