t h i r t e e n

Third Person's POV

The anomalies were getting stronger and stronger, because of that a very concerned Stan Gleeful hurried his way to the Mystery Shack. He was panicking because he knew exactly what was happening.

The portal was being opened.

He was naive to fall for Mabal's sweet talking and let them toy with him just so he wouldn't notice what they were up to.

Part of him didn't want to go there because going there would mean putting himself to great danger. But another part of him was whispering to himself; I have to be there.

It wasn't the first time the portal was turned on. The last time it was turned on everything became a disaster.

So reopening it is a great danger to everyone.

Stan knew that, so did Dipper.

But still he insisted to reopen it. He tried to restore it with all his might. It was functional, but not fully functional as it was before.

"Bud! Where are the kids?" He knocked loudly, so loud you could label it as banging it harshly.

Bud was alerted by this so he went and opened it without hesitation. Before Bud could ask anything Stan barged in and headed straight to where the vending machine was located.

Mabel heard his screaming before he got in so she went straight down to Dipper, closing the secret passage so Stan wouldn't notice.

Pacifica was instructed to pretend to be getting something from the vending machine. But being her she took it to the extreme and accidentally got her hand stuck as she tried to reach the nearest bag of chips.

Gideon and Bud helped her get out as Stan waited impatiently.

"Stan what is it about 'the kids'?" Bud finally got to ask.

"The twins, where are they?" Stan asked, this time Bud knew who he was talking about. Unlike earlier when he just said 'kids'.

The two, instead of acting normal, like how they were before Stan asked, they acted more obviously. The fact that they denied even made it more obvious.

"You know about it now don't you?" Stan asked in a serious tone.

Bud felt an unusual aura that surrounded Stan, it was like seeing a side of him that has never been seen before.

"Look here Stan-"

"Shut up Bud this is serious matter. I need to talk to these kids alone so leave."

Bud looked at the two kids then to Stan. He knew that Stan was a trustworthy man but the way he was acting made him rethink whether he should trust him or not.

"It's alright Uncle Bud, I mean, we do have some explaining to do to Stan." Pacifica smiled.

"No harm will be done. I'll just talk to them." Stan assured him and with that he left them.

Stan face the two with arms crossed. "Start talking." He commanded.

The two gave each other a look. They we're about to speak but the frequent disturbance of the anomalies stop them. Stan groaned and headed to the vending machine.

It wasn't a surprise that he knew the code.  After all  he did once have all the 3 journals until he hid it.

The two just trailed behind Stan as quiet as ever. Gideon might even call it the time that Pacifica stayed the quietest.

"Dipper!" Stan called out angrily.

"G-Grunkle Stan?!" Dipper faced him with a surprised face. He cursed under his breath before heading towards his great uncle.