e i g h t

Dipper's POV

"Hey Paz..." I could hear Gideon's muttering.

"Shh." She covered Gideon's mouth. "You might wake him up."

"We've been here for hours he's not waking up. Let's just go." Gideon whispered.

"Shut up he might hear you and get mad." Pacifica whispered back.

"He's sound asleep he ca-"

"I can't hear you perfectly and clearly." I groaned finally opening my eyes.

"Dipper! You're awake! Hey." Pacifica said surprised and nervous.

"Who let you in?" My eyebrows furrowed instantly thinking it was my annoying sister.

"Will." They answered in unison.

I groaned and stood up. "Will!" I yelled furiously with my scary voice, the voice that makes them tremble in fear.

The demon went in shaking in fear. I could tell he was getting weak because he was running out of mana. But he has always been weak. I smirked.

"M-master I j-"

"Will." I looked down to my amulet with my smirk not disappearing. My threatening voice was enough to make everyone nervous, not just will but everyone in the room who're with me.

"Y-yes master?" He asked.

"Since you've disobeyed me, I'll have you to do something for me." I looked up with a smile. A genuine one, one that fooled almost everyone here in this pathetic town.

But Will knew too well how fake that smile was. He knew it wasn't gonna be something easy, I never did make anyone do anything easy.

"Make me a demon blood sword similar to the one I lent Pacifica." I said. "And I want it before breakfast."

He paused for a while, thinking of what to say until he finally gave up trying to find an excuse he know I won't take. "Do it or more punishment for you." I said faking a genuine smile once more.

I knew the two people beside us thought it was weird; saying such threatening words with a smile that would make you think I'm saying something nice. Well, it was my specialty and it still is.

"Y-yes master." He bowed before going out of the room.

There was s short silence in the room after Will left. And that silence was interrupted the moment I clasped my hands together.

"Alright! Tell me, why are you here at this hour?" I asked.

***

"Weren't you a little too harsh on Will back there?" Pacifica asked as we exited the gates of the mansion.

"No. That punishment wasn't even enough." I said playing with my newly made knife.

Darn Mabel, most of Will's mana was used up yesterday so he could only make two small knives.

"Where would he even get a demon blood?" Gideon asked.

"From himself." I flicked the knife once more before putting it in my pocket.

"Wait, what?" Gideon paused trying to process what I said while Pacifica on the other hand got it clearly.

"Keep up Gideon." Pacifica chuckled. Or was it called a giggle? I don't know, giggles usually annoy me.

After a few minutes of walking we found ourselves deep in the woods, it was probably near the destination they wanted us to be in.

"Tell me again why the heck should we find this unicorn?" I asked irritated because of the fairies fluttering around me.

I already flickered away a few but they keep coming back. I'd swat them but Pacifica forbids me to do so, making one of them not like me is the last thing I want because I'd be more than a step away from journal number 3.

"Because of Paz." Gideon answered Dipper's question.

"Unicorns are a pain in the ass okay? I've met one and almost killed it because of annoyance." I rolled my eyes going on an alternate direction.

"Woah really? You've met one? What to they look like?" Pacifica asked.

"A horse with a cone on their head. Now you know how they look like let's go." I continuing to walk away.

"No I wanna see it myself." Pacifica insisted pulling my arm to the other way, the path to the unicorns' place.

"Then go." I pulled my arm away.

"Pleaseeee." Pacifica pulled my arm once more. I just stared at her with bored eyes. "Pleasy weasy with cherry on top."

"No."

"Pleaseeeeeeee."

"I'm going."

"But-"

"If you wanna see it badly why don't you just go yourself and not fdrag me to this?"

"We need someone with a deep voice to chant for us so the lair would show up. I can't, and Gideon obviously can't he'd crack his voice so we we're thinking you can." Pacifica smiled cheekily.

I groaned. "Fine. But I'm not going in that hellhole."

I took them almost an hour before they went out. I should've just asked them to give the darn journal to me and I should've been on my way right now.

I should've already found it. I would've already found him.

"Are you okay?" Pacifica asked me as we headed back. I just raised my eyebrow. "You seem a bit distracted." She said.

"I'm fine." I replied annoyed.

"Look, sorry for forcing you to come." Pacifica played with her hair. I just looked at her, not bothering to speak. "If it makes you feel better you can choose where to go tomorrow." She smiled widely.

I stayed silent, it is a pretty good offer but what will I get from this?

"Yeah and you can choose what to do, as long as we can actually do it." Gideon added.

"Deal." I smirked. What do you know? The perfect opportunity.