Split up

They both get to work and avoid each other for most of the day. "Mate have you and Cara broke up?" Fletch smiles as he sits down next to Raf at the nursing station.

"No why?" Raf huffs.

"You haven't spoken to her at all today" fletch says.

"We're fighting" he says.

Fletch laughs "maybe you should break up with her" he says.

"Why?" Raf asks.

"Don't you think she's messing you around?" Fletch asks.

"In what way?" he asks.

"All over you one minute... Doesn't want to know you the next?... It's classic signs mate" fletch says.

"It's just hormones" he says.

"God you make it sound like she's pregnant" he laughs.

Raf laughs a little before getting up to work.  "Break up with her before your tied down with five kids and a dead end job"fletch says. Raf rolls his eyes at him. "Bet your only with her because she's good in bed?" Fletch suggests.

"Wise up Fletch" Raf says.

"Come on you can tell me" fletch smirks.

"I have work to do" he says as he walks off.

Fletch laughs and looks over at Cara. Raf tries to smile at her to be friendly but she doesn't smile back.

She glares at him before getting back on with her work. He walks over to her, "need a hand?" he asks.

"No thanks" she says as she lifts a heavy oxygen cylinder.

"Sure?" he asks.

"Leave it" she snaps.

She hauls it up onto the empty bed and puts a new one in its place, "oh Caz the porter should be doing that, it's their job" Raf starts.

"Well I can do it" she says.

"Your putting stress on the baby now stop it" he says.

"I'm not" she says.

"Yes you are" he says.

"Leave me be" she says, Raf rolls his eyes and walks off.

He watches her for a moment and around 5 minutes later she dashes to the toilet. Raf decides to follow her and goes into the female toilets.

"Cara?" he calls as he can hear her being sick.

She stands up and flushes the toilet and comes out of the cubical. He watches her wash her hands and can tell she has been crying.

"Caz?" He asks.

"What?" she asks teary eyed.

"Want a hug?" He asks.

"I guess" she sighs.

Raf opens his arms and Cara walks straight into him and hugs him. "I'm so sorry" she cries.

Raf doesn't say anything but rubs her back and holds her close. She starts to cry into his shoulder, "Want to talk about anything?" He smiles against her head as she hugs him.

"I guess" she says as she wipes her tears away.

They walk to the locker room and sit down on the bench. "So tell me, what's bothering you?" he asks as he strokes her knee.

"Everything" she says.

"What's everything? Explain?" he says.

"This baby... How am I going to cope? Huh?... Nursery, work, money... Not forgetting everything else" Cara says.