9.

Zari

"So, tell me why he just thinks he can get all up in this and nuh uh honey. That shit will not happen again," Shantee babbled on at the lunch table while everybody else was having their own conversation.

I played with wings I sunk off campus to get and looked at her.

"Shut up," I glanced up at her and licked the spicy honey mustard sauce off my fingers.

"Excuse me?" She asked looking surprised.

"Why are you even worried about the nigga anyways Shantee? You just setting yourself up for the boy to play you," I looked down at my wings and closed the top not feeling hungry after all.

"Don't you like girls anyways?" I asked looking up at her once more.

"I mean yeah but listen here Zari."

Oh brother.

"You don't tell me I'm setting myself up when you're going on this forever cycle with Chris there and you don't know how to handle it," She folded her arm over her chest and rolled her eyes.

"I thought I told you not to bring it up." I glared at her.

"No, since you want to come for me I'm going to do the same. Now like I was saying the nigga fucking with both you and Felisha. One day he's fucking you and the next he's fucking her or maybe all in the same day. That shit is known all around the school and to tell me I'm setting myself up is stupid because you look like the stupid fool waiting for the nigga to choose who he actually wants. Then you'll really look stupid when he chooses Felisha over you." She looked at me and her face instantly drop indicating that she shouldn't have said what she said.

But, too late.

I licked my lips and stood up from the table.

"You know what Shantee if that's how you truly feel then let me look stupid, I don't give two fucks but it's whatever though you don't know half of the shit I went through with him and to comment that I'm looking stupid when you keep switching from bitches to niggas, one moment talking about you're a lesbian and the next you talking about you're strictly dickly? Get the fuck out of here with the bullshit. And before you ever comment on what the fuck I'm going through reevaluate what the hell you're going through." I sucked my teeth and grabbed my bag off the seat beside me.

"Zari I didn't mean it I'm sorry," She stood up grabbing my wrist with the worst apologetic face she could ever master up.

I snatched my arm away and looked her up and down.

"Don't you say shit to me as of right now, bitch its fuck you and fuck what you stand for," I grabbed my box and walked off from the table not caring to look back.

Am I really looking stupid over him? How? When I've completely let him go?

I shook my head lightly and sat next to Darrin at the 'star Football table'. He looked at me and took my box of wings.

"What's wrong little sis, you look like you about to explode or something?" He opened the box and started eating the rest of my wings.

"I don't know," I shrugged lightly playing with my fingers.

"Are you crying?" Cairo asked causing Darin to stop eating and looked at me.

Did what Shantee say to me really got to me?

"What are you crying for?" Darrin asked wiping his hands with some napkins.

I down my head and wiped my face.