12.

Zari

"Aye Z!" I heard my name being called from behind me, but now wasn't the time to stop and chat to anyone. "Where you been yesterday? You missed it," Anthony ran up to me trying to match my step.

"Miss what?" I asked side eyeing him.

"There was the huge ass fight in the cafeteria, check this out Shanya and Brittany bam and about twelve of them came swarming in."

"You got a video?" I asked looking around.

Where the hell could this boy be?

"Hell yeah, I been all up in that thanng, I'll show it to you later on though since you know, we're not supposed to record fights and shit, but-"

"Anthony, where the hell is your best friend?" I asked cutting him off I don't have time to play any games I got to get to the bottom of this and demand an answer from him.

"Uhmm," He looked at his watch and shrugged. "It's lunch time so I'm guessing at the table."

As I turned the corner so did he. I side eyed him again and continued walking.

"You know Chris going to tear that ass up right?"

"For what boy?"

"You coming to school like that."

I looked down at my outfit and shrugged a simple black Adidas short that stopped mid-thigh although it was very tight, a sports bra, with a small gold chain, and a simply gold watch company by some knee-high weed socks and Nike slide ins. This was basically what I wear to cheer practice, so I don't see anything wrong with it.

"Oh well he not my man anyway."

He chuckled on the side of me and shook his head.

"How they even let you pass the front office?"

"I told them I was picking up work from yesterday that I missed and will be leaving again. They told me to hurry up and that I'm not allowed to go to the cafeteria because I don't need to give anyone any ideas," I licked my lips while putting up air quotations around ideas. I walked in the cafeteria, and not a one seat was empty.

I looked towards our table and instantly saw him sitting next to Michael and that bitch Felisha.

"Why that bitch at our table?" Anthony mumbled with slight annoyance in his voice.

"Same thing I'm wondering." I licked my lips and walked to the table standing on the other side of the table, so he could see me.

"Eh they let you in school looking like that?" Felisha mugged looking up at me.

"Bitch shut up I didn't come to talk to your ass. I came here to steal your boyfriend for a quick moment," I mugged at her then looked at Chris who was already staring up at me.

"We, meaning you and I need to talk," I point towards him and I.

"About what?" He asked licking his lips and standing up.

"You really about to go with her Chris?" Felisha asked standing to her feet in disbelief.

I'll always come first.

"First of all, didn't I just say only me and him. This is not a field trip and of course, what I ask for I get, now let's go," I walked around the table and grabbed his hand pulling him away from the table.

"Why the fuck you're wearing these little ass shorts?"

"I'm not staying long," As we roamed the hall in silence I found an empty classroom and walked in closing then door after him.