1.

Zari

"You took a pretty hard fall there little sis," My brother Darrin laughed while driving on the back road towards home.

I sucked my teeth from the passenger seat and folded my arms across my chest.

"Shut up," I wasn't in the mood to talk about anything that happened tonight. I wasn't mad at the fact that I had that dream I was more so mad at the fact that I fell in front of a crowd full of people.

Well luckily nobody laughed; but that's the least of my problem that occurred today.

Earlier in the day Chris was completely ignoring me and I don't know why.

Was it my breath? I highly doubt it though, I was chewing gum all that. Minty fresh at that.

Was it because of who I was around? No, it couldn't be. We hang around the same group of people every day.

Was it because of Felisha?

I thought about the question and mugged slightly to myself.

That little bitch.

"What little bitch?"

I turned to my brother and looked at him.

"What?" I asked him.

Did I really say that out loud?

"Yeah you said that out loud. So, what's up with you, whats going on?" He asked turned on our street.

"Well I'm just trying to analyze the day," I sighed out running my hands through my hair.

"Well what happened today?"

"Nothing really just the same ole same ole stuff," I shrugged.

Darrin cut the car off once we were in the driveway and sat there waiting to hear what I had to say. I smiled slightly to myself, but instantly twisted my lips to the side and tilted my head down. Was I embarrassed to talk about this? I shouldn't be he's the only one here for me, well besides my father. Darrin is the only one I could run to when things go wrong, even though he's just 10 months older than me.

"Pick your head up little lady and tell big bro what's been going on lately," He smiled.

A smiled spread across my face as I did what he asked.

"Now tell me what's wrong."

"Well," I started off by saying but stopped with a sigh.

"Well what?" he egged on further with a brow raised. "Come on now I thought you could tell me anything." He sounded hurt that I wasn't telling him anything and I knew he hated that.

"Well, he was ignoring me again today and I don't know the reason why. Am I annoying or something Darrin?" I shrugged my shoulders and sat back in my seat.

He sighed loudly. Darrin couldn't stand him and hated whenever we had problems.

"Sis, why worry about somebody who clearly isn't worried about you or even trying to contact you? Better yet speak to you in school?"

I shrugged lightly not really knowing the answers to the question myself.

"Exactly, you shouldn't be caught up on some nigga who acts like an ass towards you. I done told you that nigga isn't worthy of you Zari. You don't need him," He licked his lips and rubbed my shoulder.