Chapter 8: Kevin's Shift

Kevin 

"Yes I'm heading there now" I said into the phone as I got inside my car. Rebecca told me to keep her updated if something happened to Kim, the only way to achieve that way to stay close to her as close as possible- or with her.

I drove to her place. As soon as the white fence came into view, I slowed down and parked. I jogged up to the front door. I rung the bell about three times before Kim finally showed up.

"Kevin?" She smiled. "What are you doing here?"
"Nice to see you again." I laughed.
She rolled her eyes and let me in. Her grey sweatshirt hung off her shoulders. Her living room was a mess- and there was me thinking my room is messy. It seemed like she lived on the couch, which she probably did. "Sorry 'bout that." She said. "I wasn't expecting anyone."

"But I told you I'd come."
"Oh." She mumbled distractedly. "Yeah. Sorry."

"It's okay." I said. "How about we clean up?" I suggested, trying to get her mind focused on the present. We folded her blanket and cleaned up the rest of the room, the rest of the house was reasonably in good condition. It was probably untouched, but I offered that we should just grab some rags and at least dust off the entire place.

"I know why you're here, Kevin." She pointed out, pressing her lips together. "And in one way, I'm glad you are, but you really should leave. Not to be rude, sorry, but I'm not a baby Kevin. I'll be alright."

"Yeah, because babies play with knives, right?" I smirked. Her face burned red and she waved me off.
"I'm not here to keep checks on you, if that's what you mean, though" I assured her. "I'm here to keep you my well-craved company of many." I winked, to which she only half-smiled.

"Kevin, please. Don't play smart with me, okay?  We both know I'm better than you at that. I'll be fine- promise."

"Kim, you're literally throwing me out the door here."
"Sorry."
"Kim."
"Kev."
"How old are you?"
"Turning twenty three."
"I'm turning twenty seven." She grimaced. "Who's older?"
"You are?"
"Good. And we obey our elders, right?"
"Fuck you." She smiled. I laughed and hugged her tightly.

"You wanna watch a movie?"
"Find something that stars me, and we good."

"Sure." 

Kim 

And the afternoon passed with both of us on the couch, watching Princess Protection Program. Man do I love that movie. But- then I realized, exactly almost two months before, in the same position, were Kendall and I.

"Ooh, bad boy Peter is hot!"
"I was a bad boy once."
"I remember." And the nest thing I knew, he was leaning in. His lips were on mine, some weird powers were taking over my existence and I was pushing him back.

"Kim?" I gasped back to reality, Kevin was was leaning in front of me, his eyes completely round and frightened. I realized I had tears on my cheeks. "Kim- " He began, but suddenly, a stimulus jolted me up. Without a single sound, I dodged Kevin and I ran up the stairs to my room and locked myself in.

I wept. I wailed. I screamed. My throat burned and I ran out of tears to shed. I sat on the floor, staring at some point on the marble, even an hour later. I knew Kevin was still outside even though he shouldn't have been. He had to go. He reminded me of him too much. I needed someone who was not related to him in any way.

I stood up, almost tripping, and ripped off the bandage on my wrist. I glared with loathing at the recovering wound and stomped out. I found Kevin dozed of on the couch. I grabbed his muscled arm and jerked him up. He jumped awake and almost toppled over.

"Kim. Hey- wha- "
"Get out." I spat.
"What?"
"Get. Out." I demanded through gritted teeth.
"Why?"
"YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW EVERYTHING! YOU DON'T HAVE TO KNOW ANYTHING!" I shouted.
"But-"
"Kevin. Get the fuck out. Don't make me push your ass outside."
"Kim, listen to me for a-"

I screamed in frustration.

"KEVIN. GET OUT!" I tugged at his arm violently; rage boiling my blood, tears returning to my eyes. I slammed the door in his face and locked it. I slid down the wall and let my body cease up with inevitable agony.

Kendall, please. I need you back.  

----- 

Next chapter will probably fuck your feels over, I'll try not to tho but I'm fucked up too. XD