Terrors of the Night

-Ben's POV-

        I walked into my room to check on Madi. I hope she was doing okay. I walked in and saw her sprawled out on the bed. She was so peaceful. I walked over and sat by the bed just watching her. I could hear her light snores. I giggled a bit. She started to giggle but then she starting whimpering."no n-no mommy please I made it...you" then she let out a quiet sob and a single tear fell down he cheek. I got concerned as her face distorted into sadness and anger. I knew I couldn't wake her since she was having a night terror so instead I stroked her hair reassuringly and started to whisper "It will be okay, it's alright." She suddenly jolted awake, sat up, looked at me with scared eyes, and then hugged me tightly.

 "It was horrible." She whispered faintly.

"Shh shhh I know it's gonna be okay it's okay."

"Thank you s-so much"

"For what?"

"For taking care of me, and, and being so kind."

"Anyone else would have done the same." I said reassuringly. I wonder what was going on inside her head.

-MADI'S POV-

*night terror/flashback*

        I just know mommy will love this necklace. I thought as I skipped down the road to my house. It was craft day and I made her a macaroni necklace. I walked in the door and yelled,"MOMMY I MADE YOU SOMETHING!" I skipped into the kitchen and saw her glare at me. I stopped skipping immediately.

        "Oh why this is wonderful!" she said causing me to smile. But my smile didn't last long. "We can cook it up for dinner." She said laughing.

        "But no n-no I made this for you." I was stopped by her slapping me across the cheek.

"Shut up! You were a mistake and you ruined my life!" Her words hurt, but it didn't hurt as bad as her slapping me again.

"Now screw off!" I ran off crying but luckily, I didn't get to finish that horrible memory.

-BENS POV(AGAIN)-

        "No they wouldn't..." Madi said quietly.

        "Why so?" I asked.

        "The people in this town don't like homeless people. The best I would get from someone is dirt kicked in my face." She said as she continued to stare blankly across the room. There was silence. "You know, you surprised me."

        "How so?"

        "I thought you might be like the stereotypical actor who was only nice on camera, but you aren't." She said as she pulled away and looked me in the eyes. They were hazel with flecks of gold. I noticed they were more on the green side when she was emotional. They were brown when she was neutral. I just kept looking.

        "I should go to bed." I said as I walked out of the room. I closed her door, and walked to my room. I hope she sleeps well.