Alfie

Marcus and Niomi started to talk and talk and I just felt like the third wheel. I sat over by the kitchen counter whilst they were on the couch talking about the most random stuff. I could not follow their conversation at all. After a while, I just gave up. 

I pulled out my phone and decided to text Zoe. I told her I was excited to see her over the weekend and that I had something important to tell her. I had decided that I was going to ask her to be my girlfriend this weekend. I just had to plan it out now so that it was really romantic. 

I would probably get roses or something to that extent. I had no idea, at least I had a while to plan it out. 

I was so bored not being a part of Niomi and Marcus' conversation that I almost fell asleep in the kitchen bar stool. 

"Alfie?" Marcus asked looking at me quizically. 

"Huh, what?" I asked looking at him. 

"Just wondering if you were still alive," he said with a grin. 

I laughed a little bit but on the inside I was actually a little hurt. Marcus was supposed to be here to hang out with me but instead he was hanging out with Niomi. This was going terribly. 

"Hey Alfie," Niomi said with a bit of sarcasm. "Marcus and I were thinking about going to see a film this weekend, want to make it a double date with you and Zoe?" she asked with a large and genuine smile. 

"Sure," I said through pursed lips even though I knew I would bale later. 

A double date with my ex-girlfriend? No thank you. 

xxx