Zoe

I fell asleep instantly that night. I was really tired. I dreamt of Alfie and how much I liked him and how right life felt all of a sudden. It felt amazing. 

__________

I woke up the next morning wuite late. Around noon. I normally woke up very early but I guess I had been super tired. I thought I would just lounge around for the rest of the day and do nothing at all really. 

That's when I remembered that I was meeting up with David at 3 o'clock. I had to get ready. 

I took a shower and got dressed before quickly doing my hair and makeup. I was ready to leave right at 2:50. I already knew I was going to be late, but at least I had remembered to go at all. 

I texted David to tell him about my poor management skills as I started walking towards Oxford street. I loved where my flat was because it was so close to everything. I also loved walking so that was a plus. 

I walked into Costa at around 3:10 out of breath with flushed cheeks. It was so cold outside now as it neared Christmas. I looked around the small shop and found David right away. He was sitting in the dark corner far away from the window reading a book. 

I walked over to him and sat down; he looked up from his book and smiled when he saw that it was me. 

"Hey," he said shutting his book. It looked like he had found another bookmark. 

"You sure do love to read don't you?" I asked with a grin. 

"I love it," he said smiling. He tucked his book away in his bag before returning his gaze back to me. 

I was about to ask him how he was when my phone started to ring. I looked down and saw that it was Alfie. There was no way I could ignore him. 

"Hey, I have to get this, sorry!" I said before answering the phone and walking outside of the shop back into the cold. 

"Hey Zo," Alfie said with what seemed to be a cheery voice. 

"Hey Alf! Did you need something? I'm kind of busy right now," I said slowly. I didn't want to sound rude but I also didn't want to leave David in there alone. Well he did have his book. 

"I just wanted to talk to you," he said sounding hurt. "Why are you busy?" 

"I'm with a friend," I said tapping my foot on the pavement. 

"Do I know them?" Alfie asked curiously. 

"No, his name is David. He's really nice," I said looking into the shop. As I had predicted David was reading. 

"He's a man?" Alfie asked. 

"Yes, Alfred he is," I asked starting to get annoyed. "I really have to go, can't wait to see you soon!" I said before hanging up. I really liked Alfie but I was busy, I would talk to him later. 

I tucked my phone away in my pocket before re-entering the warm shop to talk to David again. Part of me felt guilty about hanging up on Alfie but the guilt slowly started to go away as I talked to my new friend. 

xxx