Chapter Fifteen: Break

The remainder of February was more of the same, me being on my best behavior trying to prove to my parents that they could indeed trust me again. My Dad had long ago stopped being mad but it took my Mom a little longer. March brought along a new month and she finally decided that my punishment had lasted long enough, of course she did lecture me a good hour before she let me know that she was releasing me from my prison. Happily I carried my lab top, my cell phone, and whatever else she had managed to take from me as punishment. Overjoyed I sent Wayne a text letting him know that I had done it, I had broke free. He had been happy and told me to stay out of trouble.

March ended up being the coldest month by far, snow was covering the ground and school had been canceled. One thing I loved about living in the south, if it snowed even a little, everything shut down. Pulling on some sweats and a hoodie I grabbed a pair of gloves and ran outside to meet Chris. The minute I opened the door he threw a snowball at me hitting me in my face. I gasped at the sting but quickly found my self and jumped off my porch grabbing a hand full of snow launching it at him. We were both running around laughing and assaulting each other with snowball acting like 5 year old kids. It hadn't snowed like this in years and we were not about to let it go to waste.

Collapsing in a heap in the snow Chris sat down beside me out of breath. "I can't run no more," I said. Chris shook his head, "shit me either B." I laughed, "lets build a snowman." Chris shot me a look, "hell no, you got to be fucking crazy." I made a pouty face looking at him blinking my eyes, he shook his head no, "that shit might work on Wayne but it don't work on me." I rolled my eyes at him, "fine I'll do it by myself." I moved to my knees trying to gather up snow to make the bottom of the snowman quickly getting frustrated. "Ugh this hit is harder than what it should be." Chris smirked, "this ain't tv B." I shrugged, "I guess, sooo....." Chris raises his eyebrows at me, "what B." I bit my lip, "Wayne is wanting me to come see him in Dallas at the end of April, will you go with me."

Chris frowns, "B, really you think that's a good idea." I sigh, should have known he would say no. "Fine, I'll find another..." Chris cut me off, "I didn't say no." I let out a deep breath, "you till don't like us together do you." Chris shook his head, "no, I'm not going to lie, you know how I feel and why." I sigh, "come help me build this damn snowman, I don't want to argue." We ended up having way to much fun making our snowman, he was complete with a shirt, hat, stick hands, and whatever we could find to make a face. When we went back in the house I was freezing and started a pot of coffee, I ran to my room changing into some new clothes as Chris ran home and changed.

My phone chimed and I looked down seeing Wayne had tweeted something about skating so I pulled the picture up, rolling my eyes at his chose of clothes for the day. My poor baby defiantly had his own style . I frowned seeing all the comments people put under his pictures, I mean really some of these people were just wild and out. I went to send him a text when Chris came barging back through the door, "coffee ready yet." I nodded deciding to fix my cup before texting him. Taking a sip of my coffee I sent Wayne a short text then put my attention back on Chris. He was telling me about some new track him and Tyga was working on, he was overly exited and I was just aggravated Wayne had yet to text me.

When Chris left I frowned down at my cell making sure I had service and that it was actually on. I reread my message then added a question mark hitting send. Still no answer, I don't know why but I just had a feeling Wayne was doing something that would piss me off, the only time he didn't answer was when he was in the studio but even then he would text me the first break he got. I shook my head as I sank down on my bed, he was not about to ruin my mood, not today. Turning the TV on I flipped until I found something decent to watch, I ended up watching some movie on starz that I had seen a million time but loved. I had ran to the kitchen to get some more coffee when I heard my phone start ringing again, I sat my cup down sprinting to my room to answer it. I frowned when I picked it up and saw one missed call and Wayne's number. Damn, I quickly hit his name to call him back and when he answered the phone I instantly relaxed heading back to get my coffee.