CHAPTER 4

A few days passed on & Nandini made great friends with mukti, aliya & dhruv as she met them daily at the college. The would be once or twice in the week when she meets Manik in college or somewhere, they had become frndz but still there was a lot more distance to cover. Manik kept on thinking about her sometime or the other, but he didn't know the reason for that. All he knew was that this was the first time he was having any such feeling for any girl apart from Mukti. Like any other normal day that day Nandini went to college, it had been almost a month since she had came to Mumbai. She entered the college & went to attend her classes. After about 2 to 3 hours she decided to move to the canteen to eat something as well as to meet Mukti & Aliya. She was walking towards the canteen when a guy along with 6 of his friends blocked her way.
"Ohh so here we hv Miss Nandini MOorthy.... Hello Nandini!!"
Nandini: Harshad what do u want??
Harshad: Ohh it seems that ur friends have already introduced Harshad Saxena to u.... Nyc!!
Nandini just folded her hands on her chest & gave him a stern look. Cabir & Mukti had already warned her about Harshad & thus, she knew that he wasn't a person on whom she should waste her time.
Harshad: Guys, let me introduce to u... Nandini Moorthy, she has just joined our college a month back. And she is a dearest friend of our one n only Cabir!! RIGHT nandini..
Nandini: Harshad if u hv finished wih ur introduction then i hv to leave.
Nandini was about to leave when he said,
Harshad: Arey nandini, Wait na!! Whats so urgent that u hv to go.... By the way I hv heard that u hv become really good friends with fab5!! I mean guys don't u all feel it weird that The FAB5, who never even talked to anyone properly is now friends with Nandini..
Nandini: Harshad u hv to be good to deserve someone's friendship!!
Harshad: Ohh is that the real reason or something else!!
Nandini: What do u mean??
Harshad: Nothing.... Its just that I got to know about ur strong relation with Cabir!! Isn't it??
Nandini: What??
Harshad: Ohh don't be that shy nandini, I knw all of it!! I hv even heard that Cabir sometimes spends his nights at ur place... I mean I just heard so!!
As Nandini heard this she understood the reason why Harshad has suddenly come to her. But his words made her really angry. She fisted her fingers tight in anger & shouted showing her finger on his face.
Nandini: Harshad don't u dare cross ur limits!!
Listening Nandini's shout a lot of ppl gathered around. And Harshad held her hand, Nandini tried to jerk him away but his grip was stronger.
Harshad: Ohh Nandini why r u shouting?? I toh just wanted to know that is cabir the only person who is allowed in ur house or we also do hv some chance.
Listening this all the guys standing behind her started laughing. A few ppl standing around passes vulgar comments. But one pair of eyes was burning out in anger. Manik had just reached there & heard the conversation along with Mukti, Aliya & Dhruv. He pulled up his sleeves & moved forward in anger when he suddenly saw something & got shocked to the core. Nandini lifted her other hand & moved it on Harshad's shoulder seductively, moving closer towards him. Seeing this all four of them freezed at their places in shock. Nandini moved closer to harshad & said,
Nandini: No Harshad, Cabir is not the only one!! I mean if u want to come, then u r gladly invited but before that i wanna do something...
And before anyone around could register what happened, Nandini lifted up her right knee & hit him hard between his thighs. Harshad immediately jerked back & winced in pain.
Harshad: OUCH!!
He looked at her in anger & moved towards her when nandini suddenly held his hand & gave him a tight slap on his face.
Nandini: Mr. Harshad Saxena.... What do u think?? U will come here create a scene, humiliate me & I'll simply listen to u & cry!! Sorry to pop ur bubble but I m not the one who is gonna tolerate ur nonsense. Whatever is there between me & Cabir, it is much beyond ur cheap minds understanding level, so plz don't even try!! And yes, next time think a thousand times before messing up with me, coz i don't wait for others to help me... I m enough to fight back for myself!! Got it!!
She turned around & was about to leave when she again turned towards him & said,
Nandini: Ohh i forgot something!!
She moved closer towards him & again hit him between his thighs.
Nandini: And this one was for wasting my precious time!!
Saying this Nandini turned around towards the guys that came along with harshad,
Nandini: Do I need to give a saperate doze to u all also!! LEAVE MY WAY!!
Listening her shout all the ppl standing there scattered around & she left.
Mukti: OMG!! Plz someone tell me that whatever I saw it was real!! This was not a dream...
Dhruv: I still can't beleive that the ever so sweet Nandini can have such a side as well!!
Aliya: Bhai got what he deserved!!
Mukti: I need to meet nandini right now!!
Mukti rushed in the direction where Nandini had left. All the others followed her & they saw Nandini going towards the canteen.
Mukti: NANDINI!!
Nandini turned around & smiled to them normally. Mukti walked towards her & hugged her.
Mukti: I can't believe u did it!!! Wow nandini!!
Nandini: What??
Mukti: Arey the way u handled harshad... Mind blowing yr!!
Nandini: Ohh so u were there??
Mukti: Yes, we were there, but u didn't need us to support u, u were enough for him alone!!
Nandini smiled at him & Aliya said,
Aliya: Nandini I m sorry for what Bhai said... I really-
Nandini: Aliya!! Don't say sorry... It was his fault & I m sorry but I m clearly telling u beforehand only, if the next time he does any such thing... I repeat it or I don't knw I may go even further!!
Manik: U really don't seem so much strong from outside... Now i think Cabir really meant it when he said that there is a lot more behind this cute & beautiful face.
Nandini smiled at his comment & then said,
Nandini: I m a lot more than what I look, u need to wait for the right time to know all of it!!
Manik: Ohk then... So now r u all gonna stand here only & talk or can we move to the canteen as well...
Aliya: U all carry on, I hv some work!!
Nandini: What happened Aliya??
Aliya: I need to talk to bhai.... I need to do it
Mukti: But Aliya we knw he won't-
Aliya: Mukti plz... I really need to go!!
Saying this Aliya turned around & walked away.
Dhruv: I'll go with her... I can't leave her alone like that!! Sorry guys u all continue... Bye
Saying this Dhruv also ran away behind Aliya. Mukti noticed Nandini was thinking something when she said,
Mukti: Chill Nandini, relax..... No matter how much Harshad keeps on forgetting his brotherly job but Aliya always tries to make him good.... Lets go, she'll be fine...
Nandini: Ohk...
Mukti: Lets go home today... We'll hv fun together.
Manik: Ohk so i'll drop u guys home coz i hv to go to the office again.
Nandini: Manik, if u want u can go to office, I hv my car outside... We'll go by it!!
Mukti: Cool!! Lets go then....
Manik: Bye...
Saying so Manik side hugged Mukti & then left. Soon Nandini & Mukti reached the Malhotra Mansion, both of them sat in Mukti's room & watched some movie & had fun. After some time Mukti went to the washroom & nandini just sat there looking around when she saw a photo album kept on Mukti's table. She picked it up & opened it to see that those were Fab5's photos. But the shocking part was that she saw the pictures in which Fab5 were performing as a band. She saw Cabir on the drums & Manik on the mike with his guitar. She continued watching it when suddenly a voice came from behind, "Thats what Fab5 is!!"
She turned around to see Mukti, out of the washroom by then.
Nandini: Sorry I just saw it here, so I picked it up!! I know I should hv asked...
Mukti: Its fine Nandini... U can feel like home here...
Nandini: Can i ask u something??
Mukti: I knw what u want to ask..... Why did Fab5 leave performing together.. Right??
Nandini: Yes!!
Mukti: U knw what.... I also don't knw the answer to it!! We were the best.... No one had the ability to beat us.... People dreamed to meet us, to see us play, to be like us.... But then suddenly something strange happened. The soul of our band, the lead singer, the one bcoz of whom we were known, the Manik Malhotra, My bhai suddenly came up to us one day & told us that he has left Music. He simply told us that he would not be singing any more. We all asked him the reason but he refused. Music was his life & he had decided to leave it. I know that he had had his own reasons, but still I know that he wasn't happy with it. He lost his soul that day. Soon he finished college & joined bisnuss, & took it to great heights but that shine in his eyes, was always missing. He never listened to Music or played it. He uses his guitar now just to break its string & take out all his anger. When he left Music, Cabir also decided to leave it. But still Cabir does play sometimes when he wishes but Bhai....He never even thinks of it!!
Nandini: Have u tried to ask him the reason any time after that day.
Mukti: Its no use... I know he won't say anything!!
Nandini: Mukti, ur brother loves u a lot... I think he'll tell u!! I mean just think about it, u only said na that Music was his life, imagine what he would hv been going through that time when he made that decision, maybe thats why he didn't tell u anything. But now it has been more than two yrs now, I think u should try to ask him.... Who knows that u might get a chance to bring Fab5 back to normal.
Mukti: I think u r right!! I'll talk to him about this..
Nandini: Yes...
Mukti: Thank u Nandini... Thank u very much, u hv given me the hope which I had lost a long time back.
"What hope??" asked Manik as he entered the door.
Mukti: Ohh Hi Bhai... When did u come!!
Manik: Just now but what were u two talking about??
Mukti: We... Ohh we were just-
Nandini: Ohh thats a girl thing!! I don't think u should know...
Manik: Really??
Nandini: Yeah...
Manik: Ohk then... Lets move down for dinner..
Mukti: Sure!!
All three of them had dinner together after which Nandini left. That night Manik went back to his room, laid down on his bed & tried to sleep. But after some time of continous trying, he got up & started working on his laptop. He was working when he suddenly remembered Harshad's words that day. He got angry at Harshad's words again & closed his laptop to keep it aside.
Manik's pov: "How dare he??? How dare he say such things about her?? What does he think of himself? I need to show him his limits..... And can't say any such things to my Nandini!! My??? Wait Manik what r u thinking?? No u can't think all such things about her. She is just a friend, just another normal friend. U r not going to think much about her!! Ohh God whats happening to me!! I need to shut this all up..."
He lied down again & slept. The next day, Mukti decided to talk to Manik over breakfast. Both of them were sitting on the table, when Mukti said,
Mukti: Bhai can i ask u something??
Manik: Yeah!! Go on!!
Mukti: Bhai can't we be the way we were before.....
Manik: What do u mean Mukti??
Mukti: Bhai i miss us!! I miss the my brother, I miss u bhai!! Bhai u were the one who introduced me to Music... Music was ur life!! Can't u get that back. I want the real FAB5 back!! The way we were...
Manik was taken aback by this conversation all of a sudden.... So slowly said,
Manik: Mukti I can give u any thing that u want but not this... I m sorry!!
Mukti: BUt why Bhai.... Why can't u play again?? I want u back again...
Manik: Mukti, I m here na.... I m here with u, always!! Why r u saying all this bacha... I m here with u!!
Manik said with all his Love, but this was enough for Mukti... All her frustration of the past two years came out all together. And then she shouted out loud,
Mukti: Where r u Bhai?? Where r u when I m stuck on some difficult note?? Where r u when I m scared to not win the compitition?? Where r u when I need advice?? Where r u when I m alone on the stage?? Where were u bhai?? Tell me Bhai, were u there?? DO u even know how ur sister plays!! Have u ever heard me play from the past two years Bhai!! U r not there Bhai, U r never there!! Coz u believe it or not My BHAI died the day u left Music!!!
That was the first time ever Mukti was talking like that to Manik, he was shaken by it. The sister whom he loved so much, had so much within her, he was shocked. Mukti got up from the table & immediately ran outside the house, while he simply sat there & a tear rolled down his cheek. He kept on thinking about her words, just then his phone rang. He wiped off his tear & picked up the call,
"Hello!!"
Manik: Yes Mr. Sinha!!
Mr. Sinha: Sir, u hv to come to the office... There is a really important meeting!!
Manik: No.... I can't come right now!!
Mr. sinha: Sir Nyonika Ma'am has to go to Paris, u hv to attend this meeting sir!!
Manik: Ohk I'll be there soon....
Manik left for the office & met Nyonika there.
Nyonika: Manik, u hv to crack this deal!! This is our leading competitor, if we take them in confidence, then we'll be on the top!!
Manik: Nyonika u don't hv to tell me what I hv to do!! I knw whats good & whats bad for this company... Its my company, just in case u forgot!!
Nyonika gave him a bad look & then walked past.
Manik also left the place to go to the meeting. In the car he said to his manager.
Manik: Mr. Sinha.... What was this contract all about & yes plz brief me a bit about this company as well...
Mr. Sinha: Sir, this contract is really easy for us to crack, as the owner of this company is very new to bisnuss. In fact, I hv heard that today will be the first day when she will be visiting her own office. The company is always handled by her manager, she just keeps an overlook. She had started this company around 9 yrs back, but hasn't been handling it singly.... Someone told me that this will be her first project that she will handle herself....
Manik: Ohk then... I think it should go nice!!
Mr. Sinha: Yes sir & I hv heard that she is really good even after being just around 30 in age...
Manik: Mr. Sinha..... Ur age dosen't tell ur bisnuss!! I m 23, can u try to fool me in bisnuss!!
Mr. Sinha: No sir, u r the best at ur work!!
Manik: Then??
Soon they reached a multistory office, Manik got down & entered the office. They were taken to the conference room where a few employees welcomed him. They said that the owner is on her way & will reach in 5 mins. Manik sat there & was concentrating on a game on his phone.
Down at the building parking, a car entered & the guards opened the door for their boss. The owner of the company had come to her own office for the first time ever, a girl got out of the car & thanked them before moving in. Her managers greeted her with a formal handshake & followed her in. The entire staff of the office was mesmerised to see their boss as she walked in with her head held high, but without even a slightest pinch of arrogance on her face. Dressed in a formal white knee length dress, with a pink blazer & hair open, looking as elegant as anyone can. Followed by two bodygrauds, she reached the conference room & entered.
" I m really sorry to keep u all waiting!!!" She said sweetly & walked to her place at the end of the table & said, "Hello gentlemen!! Good Afternoon....."
Soon all of them got to work, except one who was still staring at her blankly. Manik kept on looking at her, but then sat as everyone else looked at him. She immediately got busy in the file which her manager gave her & this didn't notice Manik. And then she lifted up her head from the file saying,
" For all those who don't know me, I m Nandini Moorthy....." And saying this she smiled & looked at all the faces in front of her, when her eyes fell over Manik, who was still looking at her. Nandini too was shocked to see him there....