CHAPTER 35

Part 35:
Mukti: Come on Bhai.... U can't tell her this!!! Let it be a surprise 4 her.
Manik: Surprise.... I did't think of it.
Mukti: Yes, u didn't..... Plz bhai, just imagine the look on her face when she sees u after one entire month. She would be so happy to see u 3 days early.
Manik: I think u r right.
Mukti: ohk so its decided. we all know that u r coming back tmrw except Nandini.... U r gonna go to her place & surprise her. OHk? ?
Manik: Yeah...
Mukti: Now come back fast I m missing u... Plus I m dying to show u how Nandini took over Nyonika.
Manik: Nyonika?? What Happened??
Mukti: Chill Bhai... Nothing happened. U come here then I'll tell u everything.
Manik: U r fine na....
Mukti: Who won't I be, when my bhai is there.... Achcha now I m getting late, so I'll talk to u latr.
Manik: Sure Bye...
Mukti: Bye love u bhai...
Yes, one month passed within a flash of an eye. And now Manik was coming back. Many a things happened behind him, but everything went by easily. Nyonika couldn't succeed in any of her deeds. The music albums were fully ready & the release date was only a week away. Mukti & Abhi were a lot more closer in this time, which gave happiness to all of them. And lastly, Manik & nandini were even more in love with each other. This distance had made them both realise the value of each other. Its rightly said that , "the value of something comes to us, only after it is taken away". Till now Manik & nandini were together everywhere, maybe this distance right in the starting of thier relationship, helped them form a completely new bond, something like an invisible thread which tied them together. The long phone calls & vedio calls made Manik know who the real Nandini is & he fell more & more in love with her. Manik smiled at himself, happy to be going back & moved to the terrace. The Malhotra Mansion in Dubai, was a dream come true house for anyone. A beautiful Mansion with every thing one could imagine to have, with an amazing ocean view in front of the mansion.
Manik took out his phone again & dialed Nandini's number. The entire ring went by but she didn't recieve the call. He was dying to talk to her from the past two days. But either he couldn't call her as it would distrub her sleep or when he did she didn't recieve the call, she had been too busy in her work lately. The time difference was making him mad. They hadn't even talked once in the past two days. She only left a message everytime after missing his call saying sorry & tellin that she was busy. And work was something Manik understood totally.
He went back down & walked to his father's room.
Manik: Dad....
Raj: Son, come in na...
Manik entered the room & sat next to him.
Raj: So, ready to go??
Manik: Yeah...
Raj: Its good that u r here.... I wanted to talk to u about something...
Manik: What happened Dad?
Raj: No No relax... Its nothing serious... I just wanted to know ur opinion about something. Look son, now a time has come when u need to take a few important decisions for urself. I mean fo rur future...
Manik: Future.... I think I knw what u r talking about. But don't worry dad I hv already thought about it & I think I can handle both work & Music together... I know there is a lot to think about FAB5 & I m planning to do so as soon as this album launches. Fab5 will touch the sky now...
Raj smiled at it & said,
Raj: That it will, but apart from business what about ur future.
Manik: Apart from business... What do u mean dad??
Raj: Manik .. There r many thing in life other than making money...
Manik: Dad plz... Come straight to the point u r making me curious.
Raj: I m taking about ur personal life Manik.... Ur family!! Don't u think its time for u to stop & think about it as well.
Manik: Dad I m just 25. Isn't it a too early.
Raj: That it is. and all I want is to know ur opinion about it, thats all.
Manik: I don't knw dad. I hvn't actually thought about it.
Raj: I knw... Its ohk but now... Whenever u wish, just wait & think where do u imagine urself 5 yrs or 10 yrs from now & whom do u see beside urself. Trust me u will get all your answers.
Manik smiled at it but remained shut. Just then there was a knock at the door & the servant called them for dinner. And that became the end of the conversation.
Later that night, Manik slept soon hving an early morning flight to catch. The next day he found 3 missed calls from Nandini but didn't call back knowing it would be night back in India. He boarded his flight 7 finally was bakc to Mumbai at around 6 in the evening.
The moment he came out, he saw his best friends standing there, waiting for him.
Cabir: Here he is..
Mukti: bhai...
All of them smiled as they saw him making his way out.
Manik: Guys.....
Manik hugged them all.
Dhruv: Buddy.. we missed u a lot.
Manik: Atleast u all were together. I was getting bored out there all day.
Aliya: Leave it Manik... We knw u don't remember anything when u r working.
Manik: Actually u r right. I didn't even realise how the time passed away in the office, but after that I really missed u all.
Cabir: Now u all wanna talk here itself, or u will go home also.
Dhruv: cabir is right.... Lets go!! We can all talk there also na.
Manik: Guys, I....
Cabir: Ya Ya I'll ask the driver to take d lauguage. Come on guys its party time...
Manik: Guys, I hv to.....
Aliya: Manik... Chill we know u hv to rest, won't disturb u for long.
Mukti noticed Manik's face & burst out laughing.
Mukti: Come on guys leave him.
All of them laughed while Manik stood confused.
Mukti: Bhai we knw u r dying to tell her that u r back... Go on!! We were just pullin ur leg.
Manik took her in a side hug & then said,
Manik: U r a saviour. Thanks.. Bye!!
Cabir: Bye... N 4 ur help... I must tell u Nandini is working from home today.
Manik: From Home... Why? Is she alright?
Cabir: Chill out romeo... She is f9!! Now go...
Manik took the car keys from the driver & immediately left for Nandini's place. He reached there half n hour later n entered the house.
The servant greeted him warmly, " Good evening sir.... Good to see u!!"
Manik: Thank u Kaka.. Where is she??
Servant: Sir... Madam is in the study. U sit I'll call her.
Manik: No... I'll go myself.
Servant: But sir-
Manik: Kaka relax... I can!!
Servant: Ohk sir as u say...
Manik moved towards the study & entered to see Nandini sitting on her table engrossed in her file. Just the sight of her, made him extremely happy. He was about to say something & grab her attention, when he noticed that she was not alone. A young guy almost of his same age was sitting opposite her. He is dressed in formal & Manik guessed he could be her employee, so he just moved a bit forward & waited for her to look up. 5 mins later, Nandini said,
Nandini: So Varun, I hv marked all ur duties out here. I hope u hv noted down the points that I mentioned. And now-
And suddenly she looked up to face that guy when she noticed Manik standing at the far end, hands folded on his chest & his special smile, only for her. It took a moment for Nandini to realise that it was actually Manik standing out there, but the moment she realised she got the biggest smile. Manik could see her almost jump in happiness, when she realised the presence of someone else also.
Nandini: Hello Mr. Malhotra....
Manik smiled at her but didn't move forward.
Nandini: Varun... Meet Mr. Manik Malhotra... The CEO of the Malhotra Industries.
The guy stood up & turned towards Manik & shook hands saying,
Varun: Hello Sir... Its a pleasure to meet u..
Manik greeted him & then Nandini said,
Nandini: Varun could u just wait for a few minutes.
Varun: Sure...
Saying so, he simply moved out of the room. And as he did so, nandini shouted,
Nandini: Maanikkk...
She jumped over Manik as he swirled her around. Both of them hugged each other for a long time after which Nandini excitedly said,
Nandini: OMG Manik,.... What a surprise?? Why didn't u tell me u were coming today?
Manik: To see this look on ur face.
Nandini smiled at him & kissed his cheek, leaving him in surprise.
Manik: Wow... now that's a warm welcome!!