CHAPTER 17

Manik & Nandini reached the music room & Manik suddenly held her hand & pulled her towards himself, making her bang against his chest.
Manik: Finally, I got u alone...
Nandini blushed at it & he tightened his grip around her & said,
Manik: This time I m not gonna leave u before getting my answers.
Nandini smiled & said,
Nandini: Manik, for now all are gonna come any time, so leave me... I promise to give all ur answers tmrw...
Manik: Tmrw??
Nandini: Yes....
Manik caressed her face from his free hand & said,
Manik: Alright... So in that case Ms. Moorthy I promise u that u will never be able to forget tommorow's day for ur entire life.
Suddenly a naughty smile came up on Nandini's face, and she wrapped her hands around his neck & said,
Nandini: Then Mr. Malhotra, I m eagerly waiting for tmrw's day..
Saying so she moved more closer to him, Manik was shocked to see her do so & thus, he took a step back, in this process his grip around her loosened. Nandini suddenly pushed him & ran saying,
Nandini: Because tmrw u'll not be able to get me so easily....
Manik: Nandini...
Manik smiled at her & ran behind her. Nandini kept on running from one end to the other end of the Music room. She then stuck out her tongue towards Manik & said,
Nandini: Monster Manik, its not as easy as u think...
Just then Fab4 came in & saw them, when Cabir said,
Cabir: So Monster manik is back haan... Whats not easy for Manik, Nandu??
Nandini heard his voice & stopped at her place. Manik noticed it & moved towards her & immediately grabbed her waist from back. Nandini widened her eyes on his act as all his frndzz were standing there & staring at them. Manik moved closer towards her face & said,
Manik: See Ms. Moorthy, its so easy.... I got u again!!
With this he winked at her & started tickling her by her waist. Nandini laughed out loud at it & Manik continued his tickling.
Nandini: Noo.... Manik stop!!.... Haha... Manik plz..... Guys save me na...
Nandini kept on saying as Manik continued but then after some time she said,
Nandini: Ohk ohk sorry.... I agree!! U got me.... I m sry... I m all urs, u got me....
As Manik heard this, he stopped to let her breath. All were laughing, while Nandini's blush was increasing every second. Manik knew the reason for her blush, but he was enjoying it. Soon after that they dispersed to have their practise. Later that day after the college hours, Nandini was standing ouutside the college, trying to call someone. Just then Manik came & parked his car right in front of her.
Manik: Nandini what r u doing here??
Nandini: Nothing, Actually I was trying to call my driver, Today I had sent him back after coming to the college for some office work.
Manik: Ohk come on, get into the car...
Nandini: No Manik, its fine... U go, I'll call the driver.
Manik: Nandini, I said get into the car... I m dropping u & thats final...
Nandini simply got into the car & they moved towards her place. As soon as they reached there Nandini said,
Nandini: Come on Manik, come in...
Manik: No no.... I'll take a leave!!
Nandini: manik, u forced to drop me now I m forcing u to come in & I m not listening anything, so come...
Manik simply smiled & got in. As they moved in Manik asked,
Manik: So all prepared for the competition tommorow....
Nandini: Yeah... I m just a bit nervous.... Coz this is the first time I m performing in India & thus,-
But just then a voice came from the other end of the house, "NANDU!!"
Both manik & Nandini looked there to see a lady standing there.
Nandini: CHACHI!!!
Nandini shouted & ran towards her & hugged her tight.
Nandini: Chachi aap kab aaye??
Chachi: So how was my surprise?? Good na!!
Nandini: Arey chachi superb... I can't tell u how much happy I m to see u...
Just then another man came & Nandini said,
Nandini: Chacha...
Nandini hugged him & he asked,
Chachi: So how is my girl??
Nandini: Very happy to see u...
Just then chachi noticed Manik & asked,
Chachi: Nandu, ye kon h??
Nandini looked at manik & with this Manik walked closer to them.
Nandini: Chachi!! he is Manik, my friend...
Manik: Namaste Chachi, namaste Chacha..
Chachi: Namaste.. Haye kitna sona munda h!!
Chachi moved her hand on Manik's head, while chacha interuppted.
Chacha: Par Nandu!! ye Manik abhi yahan kyu??
Nandini: Ohh ya... chacha he just came to drop me..
Chacha: Par ur driver-
Chachi: Moorthy ji aap bhi na...
Manik: Actually Chacha, Tmrw its the compitetion na, so Nandini had to practise so if she had waited for the driver it would hv taken long na...
Chachi: Aww Thank u Beta...
Manik smiled at her & looked at Nanidni. Her happiness to hv them was clear on her face.
Manik: Ohk so now I'll take ur leave..
Chachi: Arey Manik beta, sit na..
Manik: No chachi.. Thank u very much but today, my sister is waiting for me..
Chachi: Oh.. Ohk!!
Manik: Bye Chachi, Bye chacha....
With this Manik turned & left. Nandini felt bad that he didn't say good bye to her so as he went out she said,
Nandini; Chachi, I'll just be back actually I hv to give something to Manik.
Chachi smiled at it & Nandini walked out. As she reached out, she saw Manik was waiting for her. She smiled at it & then walked closer.
Manik: I thought u won't come...
Nandini: How can't I, when u didn't even say a Bye to me...
Manik smiled at it & said,
Manik: Ur family is really sweet..
Nandini: yeah.. Thanks!! But u must meet Amms as well, she is the person who taught me Music & brought me up..
Manik: U r lucky to hv them..
Nandini: I knw!!
Manik: Ohk, so see u tmrw... Big day!!
Nandini blushed a lil as she know what he meant. With this Manik suddenly came forward & hugged her. Firstly Nandini was taken aback by this act but then he whispered in her ears.
Manik: Be excited for tommorow & don't forgot to prepare ur answers...
With this Manik broke the hug & sat inside this car after a wink & left. Nandini got back into her house & Chachi noticed a bright blush on her face. Later that day, Nandini was sitting with Chachi talking to her about college & other stuff. When Chachi said,
Chachi: Nandini, ek baat puchu...
Nandini: Chachi.. Boliye na!!
Chachi: Now u hv grown up to be a big girl... I just wanted to know whether u hv got the Sharukh Khan of ur life??
Nandini immediately hide her blush as she knew what chachi ment.
Nandini: Chachi... What r u saying??
Chachi: See I know, u very well understand what I'm talkin about... So I just wanted to tell u that as for me, that Sharukh is Moorthy Ji... For u, it can be anyone, even Maa-
Nandini: Chachi... Its nothing like that. And I hvn't found any Sharukh by now.
Chachi: Sure??
Nandini: Yes...
Chachi: Ohk but promise me, that whenever u feel u hv found him, that time u will tell me.
Nandini smiled at her & hugged her.
Nandini: I love u chachi... U r the best!!
Chachi: i know I know..
Nandini laughed at it & soon got back to her room to practise for the compitetion the next day.
------------------------------------
The next day came with a lot of excitment, happiness & a lil of nervous for both Manik & Nandini. Early morning Nandini bid a bye to Chachi as they had come for just a single day to wish her luck. After that nandini got ready & moved for the college. Nandini reached the college to see a big crowd standing at the front gate. She walked closer to see that there were a few people from the press, standing around fab5.
Reporter: So guys Fab5 back again after two years... what do u think will u be able to win this year as well.
To this all of them smiled while Manik smirked as Mukti said,
Mukti: If u hv a doubt, than just wait & watch.
Manik: Loosing is not Fab5's style.
With this Fab5 moved further in, crossing the crowd. Just then a few reporters noticed Nandini & the next minute she was surrounded by them.
Reporter: Miss Moorthy... How do u feel about this competition?
Nandini:Excited & nervous both!!
Reporter: So what do u think will u be able to reach those heights in Music as u hv reached in Bisnuss.
Nandini: The future isn't known to me & it'll be better if u all too keep my bisnuss out of my college.
Fab5, who had stopped there itself seeing the crowd around nandini, smiled at her comment of hers as she walked near them.
Mukti: Hey nandini.... Excited??
Nandini: A lot...
Manik: For the competition or for something else??
All of them turned towards Manik, & looked at him in a confused way, but nandini understood his meaning very well, so she said,
Nandini: For now, I think its better if we focus on the competition because everything else is gonna happen after this.
Cabir: Nandu, What r u talking about/?
Nandini turned towards cabir & said,
Nandini: Nothing, forget it.. Lets get going we r getting late..
Aliya: Ohh ya, lets go we hv just an hour left for it.
They all moved towards their respective dressing rooms. While Nyonika got on the stage to start the program.
Nyonika: Hello Guys & Girls.... I can see that all of u here are really excited for this phenomenal competition, MUSICANA 2016, so who do u all think is gonna win today??
The crowd cheered for different name but one name was clear, i.e., Fab5.
Nyonika: Ohk, Now lets not waste much time & start with our performances. So lets start with the solo performances first.
With this the vrowd cheered again & the competition started. Nandini was getting ready in the dressing room. She had changed into a sea green coloured Anarkali suit & got ready leaving her hair straight open. She was almost ready when someone knocked on her door. She knew that it would be someone from the managing staff to inform her about her turn so she said,
Nandini: Yes, come in...
The door slightly opened & Manik saw her sitting in front of the mirror setting her hair. And just the look of her freezed him at his place. Nandini saw in the mirror the reflection of Manik standing at the door.
Nandini: Manik...
Manik entered the room & locked it from inside, then moved towards her.
Manik: So ready??
Nandini got up & turned to face him.
Nandini: Yes... But i m very nervous!! I just hope I don't go numb there. But what r u doing here?
Manik: Nothing, just came to wish u luck.
Nandini: Thank u!!
Manik: Vese I m sure that-
He was about to say something, when suddenly someone knocked the door, "Nandini..."
Nandini: yes??
And the voice replied again, "Be fast, ur performance is in 15 mins.."
Listening to this Nandini suddenly panicked a lot.
Nandini: Ohh shit, Manik 15 mins... What will I do??
Manik: Nandini calm down... I know u'll rock it up there & win it.
Nandini didn't listen to him much there & said,
Nandini: Manik, u go now... I need to get ready... U go!!
Manik: But Nand-
Nandini: Manik go na...
And before he could say anything she pushed him out. She locked the door & returned back to wear her sandals when she saw a gift kept on the table. She picked it up & opened to see a glittering pair of earings. She smiled looking at it & saw a note kept along which read,
"Because ur earings shine on ur ears just like stars do, in the black sky of ur beautiful hair. ALL THE BEST!!"
She smiled at it as she knew who would hv kept it there for her. She quickly wore them & moved out. She went to the contestant area where fab5 were waiting for her. She walked closer & Mukti hugged her,
Mukti: U look beautiful today.. All the best!!
Aliya smiled at her & said,
Aliya: We know u only r gonna win it.
Cabir: Absolutely!!!
Cabir said taking her in a side hug.
Dhruv: Best of luck Nandini...
Nandini: Thank u all very much!
Cabir: Don't worry we already know that u r the winner...
"Not so easily guys!!' came a voice from behind. All of them turned to see who was it & he continued,
Harshad: U all r forgetting, that I m also there in the competition with her. And winning over me is not so easy.
Manik immediately came in front of Nandini & said,
Manik: Well Harshad, we all know how much difficult it is to win over u....But unfortunately, its not in Music but in ur cheap tricks... And about Nandini, I don't think we need to make u remember what can be the results of messing with her.
Harshad looked at him angrily as Manik continued,
Manik: And about the winner... Let the competition begin man, the results will tell everything clearly.
Harshad: Ohh absolutely right Manik, u'll see very soon what the results will be.
Just then nandini's came was called up on the stage. All of them turned towards her & wished her luck. Nandini thanked them & was about to go away, when she looked at Manik & he simply replied by a blink of his eyes. She got up on the stage & sat down in front of her veena. The spot light came upon her & she closed her eyes & suddenly Manik's face came in front of her eyes. She smiled at it & started,
Kehte hain:
Khuda ne iss jahaan mein
Sabhi ke liye kisi na kisi ko hai banaaya
har kisi ke liye
Tera milna hai uss rab ka ishaara
Maano mujhko banaya tere jaise hi kisi ke liye

Kuch toh hai tujh se raabta
Kaise hum jaane, hume kya pata
Kuch toh hai tujh se raabta
Tu humsafar hai
Phir kya fikar hai
Jeene ki wajah hi yehi hai
Marna issi ke liye

Kehte hain:
Khuda ne iss jahaan mein
Sabhi ke liye kisi na kisi ko hai banaaya
har kisi ke liye…

The entire crowd was mesmerised by Nandini's voice. All were enjoying the performance & the smile on her face, told Manik that she was definately thinking about him.
hmm Meharbaani jaate-jaate mujhpe kar gaya
Guzarta saa lamha ek daaman bhar gaya
Tera nazaara mila, roshan sitaara mila
Taqdeer ki kashtiyon ko kinara mila

Sadiyon se tarse hai jaisi zindagi ke liye
Teri sohbat mein duaayein hain ussi ke liye
Tera milna hai uss rab ka ishaara
Maano mujhko banaya tere hi jaise kisi ke liye

Kuch toh hai tujh se raabta
Kaise hum jaane hume kya pata
Kuch toh hai tujhse raabta
The performance came to an end & got a loud round cheers from the crowd. As she got back, cabir hugged her & said,
Cabir: Nandu... U were just amazing.....
Manik: Nope u were extraordinary!!
Nandini smiled at them & hugged him back. The competition continued & two hours later came the turn for Fab5. As they were called up on the stage, by all got into a group hug, while Nandini stood back & secretly recorded the awesome moment in her mobile's camera. She wished them all & as they got on the stage the only voice audible was "FAB5!! FAB5!!..."
Manik high fived all of them & finally they started the performance for which they had waited for the past two years.
Precap: Manan confession.