CHAPTER 22

That day Nandini boarded her flight at 11:30. It was a long journey & thus, it took her nearly 9 hours to reach there. She reached there at around 5 am, while in India it was around 9:45am. She checked into her room & freshened up before getting back to work. Sometime later, her phone rang. It was an unknown indian number so she picked it up & said,
Nandini: Hello!!
She waited for a second but no one replied so she asked,
Nandini: Hello.... Whoz this??
" I knew u wouldn't take rest at all" Nandini smiled listening to his voice & said,
Nandini: Good Morning manik.
Manik: Nandini what r u doing?
Nandini: Waiting for ur call...
Manik: Really with a file in ur hands.!!
Nandini sticked out her tongue knowing that she couldn't lie to him.
Manik: Now close everything & take some rest.
Nandini: Manik I need to study the project before the meeting.
Manik: Which u have already done in the flight.
Nandini: Ohk whatever leave all this bossing around & talk to me for sometime, coz I m not sleepy at all.
Manik: U r so stubborn....
Nandini laughed at it & said,
Nandini: So r u!!
And they started talking, though Manik was sitting in his office but it seemed that he was right next to Nandini. Suddenly raj entered his cabin saying,
Raj: Manik I wanted to-
He saw him on the phone & stopped while Manik said to Nandini,
Manik: Plz hold on for a minute!!
He kept the phone aside & said,
Manik: Dad... U here!! U could have called me in ur cabin..
Raj: Ur phone was busy for over an hour.. So I thought u would be busy.
Manik realised the time & immediately covered up by saying,
Manik: Yeah dad I was on a discussion call with a client.
Raj: I thought so!!
Raj said something to him & then left, while Manik again picked up the phone.
Nandini: Client haan!!
Manik: Hmn my most amazing client.
Nandini: Really??
Manik: Yes... Achcha now u take rest I gotta go..
Nandini: Sure!!
Manik: I love u...
Nandini:Bye manik..
Manik: Why can't u say the thing that I want to here from u!!
Nandini smiled at him & then said,
Nandini: Ur fault Mr. Malhotra.... U have chosen a very wrong person for urself.
Manik: What can I do yr?? I just couldn't control myself.
Nandini: Good for u... Now u go Bye!
With this they disconnected the call & nandini smiled at an idea which just emerged in her mind. She turned towards the clock & saw that it was 7 am & her meeting was to be held at around 10 am. She had enough time to go out with what she had planned.
---------------------------------------------------
Later that day Manik & Raj were enjoying a nyc father- son time sitting in the study & talking, when Raj asked,
Raj: So what were u willing to tell me!!
Manik heard him & immediately got serious.
Manik: Yes Dad!!
Raj: Go on Son...
Manik: Dad I need to show u something which I have never shown to anyone else.
Raj: What is it son?
Manik: Its something which has affected our lives to a great extent.
Saying so Manik got up from there & walked towards his locker in the study itself. He took out its key along with a bunch of other keys from his pocket. Raj saw him take out a disc & return back.
Manik opened up his laptop to play it when Raj asked,
Raj: Manik at least tell me what is it about??
Manik: Dad just a sec, u can watch it urself.
He inserted the disc & the next second Raj saw a recording in which Manik & Nyonika were sitting in Manik's room.
VIDEO STARTS:
Nyonika: I don't think u hv any other choice than to listen to what I say Manik..
Manik: Nyonika get one thing very clear... I m not listening to any if this & u r not telling anything to Mukti.
Nyonika: And why do u think I won't!! Come on Manik.... Mukti is grown up now, she need to know the truth.
Manik: No she doesn't... She is my sister & I can't see all that pain in her which she would go through.
Nyonika: Aww So sweet!! But unfortunately... I don't care about any of it. Either u agree to my condition or else I'll tell the entire truth to Mukti, along with proof.
VIDEO ENDS...
The recording ended & Raj looked up at Manik with a shocked expression.
Raj: Manik... What did she mean by the truth??
Manik looked straight at him & simply nodded. Raj saw him totally stunned & said,
Raj: That lady.... What did she want this time?? Wasn't all the property & stuff enough for her.
Manik stayed quite not willing to say anything at this, Raj noticed it & asked,
Raj: Manik... This vedio seems old!! What condition was she talking about?? What did u agree for??What did she want!!
Manik: MUSIC.... She wanted my Music out of my life.
Raj: What??
Manik told him that the reason behind him leaving Music was Nyonika & Raj got furious just by the thought of it.
Raj: That bloody lady... How can she be the reason to spoil her own son's life for her personal benefits.
Manik: No dad.. She can't spoil my life like this.... I know that I had given up all my hopes to get back my music, but unknowingly the lonely musician inside me was dying to come out & see how it did.
Raj: But Manik... How did she not create any problem when u decided to get back.
Manik: Bcoz she was herself trapped by an angel, who got Music back to my life & who got Fab5 back together as a band.
Raj: Angel.... Who??
Manik smiled at it & simply said,
Manik: U know dad how I had become from the past two years... I made all the things so that Music couldn't get back to my life, but then Nandini came in Space.
Raj: Nandini!!
Manik: Yes Dad... Nandini & within no time she became a very nice friend of Mukti. I don't know how but something got her close to all of us. Maybe because she was cabir's friend or maybe something else. But one thing that shocked me was that she shared those things with Nandini which she couldn't share with Fab5. And in this process she shared something which was in her heart for so long, her anger towards me for leaving Music. And Nandini being the brainy head didn't say anything to me directly, instead she took me out & got me drunk after which I don't know what all I told her. All I know is that two days later, she called for an official meeting which Nyonika & I attended & that night she gifted me something which I could never be able to thank her for.
Raj looked at him as Manik picked out the file which Nandini had got signed for him. He gave it to Raj & saw him read it.
Manik: Nandini got Music back to Fab5's life. She got the soul back in my body. She trapped Nyonika in her plan but not for her own self but for Fab5's happiness.
Raj: Does Fab5 know about all this??
Manik: No... None of them does....
Raj: And Nandini didn't even flaunt it by telling to them... She is much much more good than I thought her to be.
Manik: Yes Dad... Thats what I said, She is the angel that God sent for Fab5.
The look on Manik's face, the way he talked about Nandini & the happiness on his face just by hearing her name, cleared all doubts in Raj's mind. Now he was sure that Manik was in love with Nandini, but was this feeling mutual for Nandini as well, this was yet to reveal.
Nandini on the other side, was thinking something else. She went out somewhere before her meeting. She was planning something really special for Manik on returning back to India, but she needed something before that & there is was finding it in London. Soon she finished her work & was promised the delivery at her hotel. She went for her meeting & finished her work. The same night, she was back on the flight on her way back to India, with an awesome plan ready. She knew this day was going to be the most memorable day for both of them.