Chapter 10 - Date Part 1

(Xavier's POV)

"Let's go?" I asked her.

I took a second to observe her face while she tries to process my question. What? Don't tell me hindi parin siya makapaniwala na inimbita ko siyang sumama sakin? What was she expecting we were going to do? 

I tried not to let out a smile even when I want to. Her reaction is too cute and innocent. 

It took her a few seconds to digest my question and I waited as patiently as I could. Good thing she nodded eventually, because this was getting to old. 

While we were walking, I noticed there were more people around us staring and talking with volumes that don't connotate whispering.

I normally wouldn't mind, really. Wala akong pake sa mga reaksyon nila. Wala akong pake sa pinaguusapan nila. What worries me though, is this girl walking beside me.

"That nerd is such a flirt."

" cant believe her! Dati si Christof ngayon si Xavier?? Who's next? Sina Dayne and Adrian?!"

"I cant believe it ! Ang losyang niya pero kasama niya si Xavier?"

I hissed. Can't they get more immature as fuck?

Geez, can't they at least try to look decent and not desperate? Them talking the way they do won't make me anymore attracted to them - and I'm not! Would that make me want to date them? Hell no! So, why can't they just stop?

I tried to contain myself. I used to not mind all the fuss and gossip these students talk about when I pass but damn it! For some reason, napaka nakakairita nila ngayon. Were they always like this or they're just specially annoying today?

I heaved a small sigh. I looked at Stephanie beside me and wasn't even surprised with what I'm seeing.

She has her head down while walking. Basically allowing all the other students talk shit about her.

Is she always this miserable? Kaya siya pinagt-tripan kasi hindi niya alam kung paano depensahan ang sarili niya. Even just the mere knowledge of walking with her head held up high and show confidence in order to avoid being bullied, hindi niya yata alam.

Has she been living her life like this?

I stopped walking in the middle of the hallway, held her chin and made her look at me. The angle was just enough for her to see my face and for me to almost see hers.

Strands of her hair were covering her face kaya naman inunti unti ko yong tinanggal.

I was caught off guard by the time I successfully removed all the strands of hair covering almost half of her face.

I paused as I stared at her. Her eyes were staring directly at me-- through me. She was staring at me the way nobody ever did. It was piercing and undeniably mesmerizing.

It was too late when I realized I was taking a long time looking at her.

The piercing pair of eyes I saw earlier were now long gone and were replaced with eyes full of curiosity; as if they had the ability to ask me what I was doing and my reasons for doing such thing.

It didn't take me long to get myself together and tell her what I wanted her to know.

"Sometimes, you have to learn how to defend yourself " I said, still staring at those same eyes that caught me off guard just moments ago