Demi Lovato & Wilmer Valderrama's Split

Demi Lovato and Wilmer Valderrama had six blissful years together, but split on June 3 after a big issue drove them apart. Find out why they split right here!
Demi Lovato , 23, and Wilmer Valderrama , 36, shocked fans when they ended their relationship at the beginning of June, and a new report says that they broke up because the "Confident" singer and That '70s Show star had conflicting ideas about their future together. Demi and Wil called it quits because Wil wasn't ready for the bigger commitment that Demi wanted, OK! magazine reports. "Demi wanted a ring, but Wilmer wasn't ready to get married," a source shared with the mag. "She didn't want to wait around anymore, so they decided to part ways." That's just how it goes sometimes! As we previously told you, Demi and Wil announced their breakup to the world via Instagram. "After almost six loving and wonderful years together, we have decided to end our relationship," they wrote in a photo shared on Demi's profile. "This was an incredibly difficult decision for both of us, but we have realized more than anything that we are better as best friends. We will always be supportive of one another," they continued.
Finally, they signed off sweetly: "Thank you to everyone who has offered us kindness and support over the years. With only love, Wilmer & Demi." It felt akin to a set of parents telling their kids they were getting a divorce, but of course we love that Demi and Wil have such great communication with their fans!
The couple was last spotted at the Billboard Music Awards on May 22, so their June 3 announcement was more than a surprise. So sad!