The jinx-Drake and Serena Williams

Drake , 29, has been M.I.A. from the crowd during Serena Williams' Wimbledon matches...but there's a good reason! Even though the rapper has free time in his schedule right now, he's purposely been staying far away from the tennis courts during his rumored on-off love's matches, and "Drake's enjoying seeing Serena annihilate the competition [at Wimbledon],"
"He's rooting for her and has texted her about her latest win. He wants to show up to the next match in person and watch her play and hopefully win Wimbledon [after that], but he thinks he'd be a distraction. He believes that Serena would be looking at him too much in the stands and not focusing on her match! The energy between them is explosive and she would likely feel it on the court while she's playing."
We don't exactly blame Drizzy - last time he supported Serena in person was at the 2015 U.S. Open, when she lost a devastating Semifinals match to Roberta Vinci . Had she won, she would've made history by completing a calendar year Grand Slam, which hasn't been done since Steffi Graf accomplished it in 1988. The 34-year-old hasn't won a major tournament since last year's Wimbledon, and since she's been dominating on the court this year, she definitely can't afford to be distracted as her Semifinals match approaches. She will play Elena Vesnina on July 7, while her sister, Venus Williams, takes on Angelique Kerber on the other side of the bracket. If both sisters win, they'll go head-to-head in the finals on July 9!