Brendon

I wake up and sigh as I lost this mysterious boy again. I was on reaching distance yet I couldn't get to him. Every dream is the same and I'm starting to lose my sanity over a boy I don't even know is real.

Gerard and Patrick think the dreams are showing me my soulmate but I'm not too sure. I'm secretly hoping they're right because I've been alive for way too long. I've been alive longer than anyone I know. I've watched my siblings find their soulmates and grow old together. I've watched my nieces and nephews find their counterpart and grow and together.

I was born 12th April 1901 so I've been 18 since 1919. I've lived through both world wars and let me tell you they were not pretty. I've been 18 for ninety seven years.

I guess I'm not lonely friends wise because I found two guys who have kept me here. Kept me alive since the day we met.

I met Gerard first. We met in the army.

He had signed up to fight for Britain during World War II

He had signed up to fight for Britain during World War II. He had all the girls falling at his feet yet he never seemed to notice, he was always oddly quiet. I found out why a few months later, when we were put on the same Battalion. He was mute. He wasn't mute by choice but by his soulmate.

Well, that's what he believes. I'm not too sure but I'm never going to voice that because he's shy and has had his self confidence knocked to a pile of rubble.

We found Patrick when we were out in the park. He was sitting on the bench Gerard and I normally sat at with his German Shepard.

We were both immediately drawn to him because of the blindfold over his eyes

We were both immediately drawn to him because of the blindfold over his eyes. Just like Gerard he believed his soulmate would be able to heal him.

It's now 2010 and we've watched eras go by, trends come and go and not one of us have found our soulmates.

That was until 4th May 1998. I guess my soulmate was born because I've had dreams about a boy most nights since then. Each year he grows older and each year I'm closer to reaching him in the dreams.

I just hope maybe he's gonna try and reach me one day like I'm trying with him. . .