Gerard

I sit awkwardly on the familiar bed as Frank, Patrick and Max pour over the laptop. I feel a presence and look over at the door to see Steve , Max's soulmate. I glance back at the others and slip out after Steve.

"I wanted to say I'm sorry but I know sorry doesn't cut it." He sits on the sofa and can see the pain in his eyes.

"It's okay, I understand. Anyway, I have my soulmate and you have yours."

"Y-You do?" He looks up and I nod, blushing, "You mean Frank?" And I nod again, "Oh my god! I'm so happy for you" I yelp as Steve pulls me into a hug.

"Steve, please." I begin to panic.

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry!" He quickly lets me go and I relax, " I forgot."

"How old are you now?" I ask him.

"Twenty-two" He mumbles.

"It's been four years?" I ask in surprise and he nods.

"Gerard?" Steve and I turn around to see the others in the doorway.

"I have good news and bad news." Max says.

"Good news is that we've know where they are." Frank forces a stiff smile and I jump up.

"Bad news is that it's Mikey who has them." Max mutters and I stumble back at the name.

"Mikey? Are you sure?" I mumble.

"I'm sorry Gee but it's true." Patrick sits down and pulls me onto his lap as my emotional wall breaks. I bury my face in his shirt and sob, my shaking hands clinging to his sleeve, "No, Gerard." His voice hardens, "It's not your fault."

"But it is. I never should have left him."

"Gerard!" Patrick uses his stern voice and I slowly pull myself together. Once I'm composed I look up as Patrick who kisses my forehead soothingly.

"I want to go home. I want Brenny back."

"You need rest Gee, we'll make a plan tomorrow." Patrick tells me and I nod, laying my head on his shoulder. He softly sings and I give into the exhaustion. . .