Brendon

The thrill of being alive? Patrick almost ran that old lady over! Gerard freaks out as we get inside

"I said sorry!" Patrick tries to hold back a smile of amusement. 

What good is that going to do? Oh my god! I'm so sorry I ran you over, please forgive me. Oh wait, you can't because you're dead! 

"Calm down Gee," I say quietly, "You know it was an accident and it won't happen again." 

We all look up as we hear the sound of claws skidding on wood. 

"Incoming" Patrick grins as Houdini lets out a shrill bark. The bark doesn't sound right and the smile slips off Patrick's face as he runs over to his faithful dog. 

"Houdini? What's wrong buddy?" Patrick runs his hands blindly over Houdini's long fur, worry and fear etched on his face. A look of recognition passes across Patrick's face. He sits back on his heels and Houdini nuzzles his face against Patrick's, "Please not yet Houdini" Patrick's voice cracks as Houdini puts a paw on his knee, whining softly. 

"Patrick?" I ask quietly and he turns to me, obviously putting on a brave face. 

"Please give us some time." He begs. 

"Come on Gerard, we should get some sleep. It's getting late." I lead Gerard up to our rooms, pausing and glancing back at Patrick to see his sobbing into Houdini's fur. 

What's wrong with Houdini? Gerard asks, his voice laced with fear.

"He's old, that's all." I whisper as we get to his bedroom, "Get some sleep Gee." I kiss his forehead then go to my room.