2 Year Anniversary

Megan and I have been engaged for 2 amazing years and where together for slightly longer! I mean we have been in each others lives since 2013 and we haven't regretted anything. My mom was getting upset about my brother and I being in same sex marriages. It was not that she is homophobic. She isn't but she wasn't going to be happy at the fact Mikayla has a chance of being homosexual as well. For her daughters 2 year anniversary she puts my sister in gay counseling at a church. Mikayla gets so upset and disgusted she didn't talk to mom until mom took her out of the counseling session. Mikayla adored her brother and I and was very disgusted with our mom for doing that to her. She started staying with Megan and I until mom gave her a sincere apology. It took my mom a month to muster up the correct apologies to get Mikayla to forgive her, my mom came up with about 30 different apology speeches that went nowhere. Mikayla finally gave in when I sat and told her that it was okay for mom to be scared that you would become like your siblings, and she shouldn't have put you in counseling for something you're not worried about right now. At the same time though you should have talked to her about it. My mom got upset with me for letting her sleep here but I told her to calm down and remember how I was when I was that age. I calmed her down and everything was back to normal.