Riley

Riley asked us to all meet her in the living room after dinner. She started crying and breaking down into tears. After she calmed down, she confessed. She has been sad about her gender for the last 3 months and finally decided she wasn't happy in her body. She said that lately she has been sneaking into Mitch's room playing with his cars and fake tools. She said I am so sorry I just feel more boyish and I hate being a girl, pink stuff makes me want to throw up and her girl toys make her angry. We apologized and from then on her was now a he. The next day Austin took him to get a haircut. He had gotten an awesome mohawk. While they were gone Megan and I went and got all his old girl clothes and gave them to a thrift store. I talked to Aaron about Riley (he is keeping the name the same because it is a unisex name) still going to have periods and told him I would talk to him about it. Austin and Riley came home with a new haircut and ice cream. After I gave Riley the talk about him still having a period eventually even though he thought of himself as a boy born girl. He was disappointed but he understood. I took him to go shopping for cheap clothes until we could get him better clothes. We bought new paint for his room and a new bed comforter and made him feel completely himself. He was so happy and thankful.