52

The certain feeling you get when you wake up next to the person you love and seeing their gorgeous face first among anything else is one of the bests in the world. And it was early in the morning when Lauren's sleeping face already had my heart racing.

I smiled, looking down at the pale skin of my girlfriend as she continued to snore quietly. I missed waking up to her and seeing her like this. She was so vulnerable, harmless, and her natural beauty stood out even more. The adorable structure of her nose, her plump lips slightly pouted, arm loosely wrapped around my waist, and her messy hair that only made her even more beautiful—they all took my breath away. I would've woken her up, but it's mornings like this where I just want to watch her until her green eyes show, shining brighter than the sunlight passing my window through the blinds.

So I lied there for another hour, listening to Lauren's breathing and making a way to match it with mine. It was silly, acting as if you were beating the same heart and breathing through the same lungs, and I wondered why I did it. Then I thought, maybe I am in love, and all the things that she does, that keeps her alive, makes me want to do it, too—to feel how it was to live like her.

I wondered how strong Lauren was, how she used to fight for her opinions, and stand up on what she believed on; how loving and caring she was, that everyone around her falls in love with her heart and soul; how passionate and thoughtful she was, making all the things she do only shaped with art and  enchantment. Lauren wasn't out of the ordinary. She was someone who was original, unique, extraordinary, and exceptional. And among seven billion people in this world, I was sure she'd always stand out. In a crowded place, everybody might be looking at me, but I will still be looking at her. I didn't need another pretty face, or another smart mind. I just want Lauren, what she has, and everything the she is.

I didn't know why I was thinking about it, but maybe I wanted to convince myself that this girl, lying on my chest unconsciously, is in love with me. She was too good to be true. This is too good to be true, and sometimes I am afraid that this is just an illusion. That maybe, I was just dreaming and in a blink of an eye, everything would slip away from me.

She slipped away from me once, and I don't want that to happen again. I would risk everything for her, even if it means throwing my life away. I would probably do that. Out of all the stupidities I've done, it would definitely be the most worth it. It would be different, because the mistakes I've done are from thinking inconsiderately and being insensitive. However, if I were to throw my life away for Lauren, I would still do it because I wasn't doing it to hurt others or myself. Sure, it was going to hurt, but if I was to see Lauren's smile and make her happy, then the wounds would be mended easily. I didn't do it because I was stupid—I did it because I am in love with her. And her happiness is worth it.

My train of thoughts were cut off by Lauren's shifting against my body, her hands pulling me impossibly closer to her as she moaned softly. I grabbed my phone on the nightstand and looked at the time. It was almost lunch and I think it was about time to wake the sleeping beauty up. I dropped my phone on the bed, using my hand to cup her cheek before rubbing the smooth skin with my thumb.

"Baby, wake up," I said, waiting for her to stir but she didn't. I started placing kisses on her forehead to the side of her face, bringing my lips to touch her cheek, then the captivating freckles on the bridge of her nose, and her closed eyelids. She scrunched up her nose, making my heart swell in the process.