Chapter Twenty-Seven.

''Sage! Come on!'' An impatient Niall cries, tugging me along.

''Niall, my laces are loose, let me tie them up properly!'' I tug him back and since he's so hyper and off-balance, he falls into my arms, both of us staggering to get right.

The rest of the boys are getting ready for their concert tonight in Liverpool, their closing one. All of their concerts have been sold out so far, it's been incredible. Niall, on the other hand, is here with me, ready to meet Sam.

He's been bouncing about all day, looking forward to this moment, with so much energy.

''Hurry up hurry up!'' Niall jumps from one foot to the other, impatient. Rolling my eyes, I suddenly leap up from my crouching position and sprint for the Arrivals part of the airport.

''Hey!'' Niall cries from behind me, running to keep up. We get to the gate and wait for Sam to come through and when she does, Niall yelps and squeezes my hand harder than anyone else has before.

''She's here,'' he whispers, a tiny smile on his cute face.

Looking up at his face, I realise he does really like my cousin. A lot.

I wave, using my right arm, since Niall isn't letting go of my other arm and shout at Sam and she comes towards us with a smile on her face, staring intently at me.

I notice that her smile isn't for Niall, because she looks at him, her smile falters. But she manages to regain her composure and pretend to be happy to see him.

Her smile, forced, stays on her face until we get to the car, where she sighs as if in pain and squeezes my hand for support.

I have an urge to say, ''You're on your own here, love,'' but I don't, because well, I guess family are supposed to stick together.

~:~:~:~

When we get back to the buses, Niall has to rush off to the concert venue and Sam and I get her bed ready in with the girls. There wasn't any more room in with the boys, so she has to stay in with the girls.

I pull out some clothes, ready to hang them up in the tiny wardrobe type thing the girls have to share, and turn to Sam, ''Hey this is nice, why don't you wear this to the concert tonight?''

No answer.

Sam's fingers fly over her phone's keyboard, tapping away. I cough, trying to get her attention.

''Sam!'' I yell, swiftly getting annoyed.

''What?'' she lifts her head, blinking at me innocently.

''Wear this to the concert tonight,'' I tell her, shoving it onto her lap, covering her phone with it.

''What concert? You didn't tell me anything about a concert!''

''I'm telling you now, duh.'' I shrug, turning back around.

''I'm not going.'' I freeze midway.

''What?''

''I said I'm not going,'' she says, looking at the ground.

''Yes you bloody well are.''

''No - ''

''Sam, do you know how fucking much Niall is suffering right now? If you even had any idea, you'd feel sorry for him. But you don't.''