Chapter Nine.

Chapter Nine.

Harry.

Why won't she talk to me?

Why?

I've tried apologising to her, but she didn't forgive me.
Come on, what happened between us was two years ago. And I think I've been punished enough. She broke it off with me, she ignored my calls and texts and everything.

I've been in pain as well.
What, does she think she's the only one who's been in pain these past two years?

Well, no, in fact.

The boys actually started getting worried about me.

I spent ages pining for her, trying to talk to her, to hear her voice... but in the end, I gave up. Because, what's the use in trying to talk to someone when obviously, that someone doesn't want to talk to you?

None. No use at all. It's like talking to a wall.

And okay, I admit I hurt her. I hurt her deeply, and I'm just starting to realize that she can't just let bygones be bygones.
She can't forgive me. I'm just realizing that now.

Yes, she was a dare. But that doesn't mean I didn't love her!

That day ruined my life.

#Flashback #

''Truth or dare?''

''Huh?'' I slurred, taking a sip of my drink, which was alcohol.

''Truth or dare? Come on Harry.'' my drinking partner and friend, asked me.

''Dare. I feel,'' I waved the bottle of beer around in the air. ''Daring. Like I could do anything right now.''

Ben chuckled. ''Probably just the beer Harry. But okay... hmm...'' his eyes searched the bar, looking for someone or for something for me to do.

I followed his gaze, as it flickered over people and things like empty bottles and glasses. I just hoped it was nothing to do with them.

''I've got it.'' Ben turned to me, his dark eyes glinting. I didn't like that look.

''What is it?'' I ventured, curiosity tugging at my brain.

''Go ask that girl to be your girlfriend. And keep up the pretence until I say so.''

I nearly choked on my drink. ''What? Sage? No, I can't do that. She's my friend!''

''Oh my god, you're such a wuss, honestly.'' Ben sighed dramatically, sneering at me.

''Hey! I am not!'' Maybe it was the beer, but suddenly I felt extremely angry.

''Go do it then.'' Ben shrugged, gulping down his vodka and Coke.

I flashed him a look of disgust, but got up and headed towards Sage.
I just hoped the drunkenness wouldn't show.

''Hey Sage.'' I smiled at her, while wrapping my arm around her waist.

''Harry! Hi!'' she returned the smile, not seeming uncomfortable with my arm position.

''I've got to tell you something.'' I told her, waving at the waiter to come forward.