Escape *Bonus Chapter*

(Kane's POV)

After a fun night of feeding, getting drunk, and getting laid, me and my boys went back to the mansion. I opened the front door, and the minute I stepped in, I could sense that something was wrong.

I walked into the living room. Nothing seemed to be out of place at first glance. Just as I was about to exit the living room, I seen that my picture was crooked. I walked up to it, and fixed it. Then went up stairs to see where Sophia was, since she decided to stay home instead of coming with us.

My boys stayed in the living room, waiting for me to come back down. After seeing that my bedroom door was open, I walked down the hall to my room. I walked in, only to find that Sophia wasn't in here. Panic began to set in.

I ran up to the hospital section of the mansion, to see if she came up here with the babies. The babies weren't in their beds. I ran back downstairs, yelling Sophia's name repeatedly. No answer. The most terrible thought entered my head.

I ran down into the basement, only for my terrible thought to be true. Sophia was laying on the floor knocked unconscious, and Alice and the babies were gone. I could feel the anger boiling in my veins. After punching the wall, I stormed back upstairs.

"Alice and the babies are gone!" I yelled.

"What? How?" Ty-Ohni asked.

"I don't know, but I'm about to find out. Luna! Go fill up a bucket full of water, then meet us in the basement," I demanded.

Luna did as she was told. It's the typical fetch mutt routine, especially after Ty-Ohni gave her a punishment. He took away half of her vision, but she is slowly gaining it back. Serves her right, after what she pulled. I know I'd punish Sophia the same. I can't wait for her to wake up.

I motioned for my men to follow me to the basement, just in case Alice is still here, hiding and waiting to strike me down. We stood in front of the knocked out Sophia, waiting for the mutt to bring me the bucket of ice water. After Luna handed me the bucket full of water, I then poured it all over Sophia. We watched as her body reacted to the ice cold water. It amused me.

(Sophia's POV)

I was surrounded by darkness, and could feel nothing but agonizing pain. I couldn't hear anything. I don't know where I am, or what happened to me. Had I died?

I was snapped back to my conscious state, when ice cold water was splashed on me. When I opened my eyes, I noticed I was laying on the cell floor. I attempted to roll onto my back, and with it came more pain. Standing above me, looking down at me, was Kane and his men. His eyes were blood red; he was furious.

"What happened?" I asked.

"What happened? What happened! You tell me, you were here!" He yelled.

"I don't remember anything. I fell asleep upstairs, and I just woke up down here. I'm in a lot of pain, Kane," I said.

"Stand up!" He said.

"I can't," I said as I tried to stand up.

He grabbed me by my arms, and lifted me up. My face only inches away from his. I could smell the blood and alcohol on his breath. It caused me to hold my breath.

"What? Do you smell something you like?" He asked.

"Please, put me down. I really don't know what happened," I said as a tear fell down my face.

"Do you want to know what happened? Do you?!" He asked as he squeezed me tighter.

I looked around the room, only to see four of Kane's men, two full vampires, two hybrids, and two full werewolves. There was something missing. No someone.

"Alice escaped, and she has the twins," He said through gritted teeth.

His words came as a shock. I didn't remember any of that happening. I looked at the opened cell door. The thought of him caging me up crossed my mind. I quickly pushed that thought out of my head.

"What do you have to say for yourself?" He asked.

"Kane, please. I really don't know what's going on. I'm confused. I need some time to think, to see if I can remember something," I said the words I knew I'd soon come to regret.

"You need some time? I'll give you all the time you need," He said.

He carried my sore body over to the cell, kicked the door wider, and threw me on the ground. My body hit hard, and sent pain soaring through my whole body. I looked up at him, as he was locking the cell with his key. He didn't even look at me as he walked away. His men filed out behind him.

"Kane!" I yelled, but received no answer, "You can't leave me down here."

The basement door slammed shut. I could feel my body turning into a ticking time bomb. Tick, TIck, TICk, TICK. I began to scream as loud as I could, before punching the wall, bloodying my fist. Even though vampires heal quickly, I was also part witch, so it will take some time.

I threw the bed onto the floor, and crushed the metal bars that were holding it up. Vampire strength has its perks. The sounds of metal bending, was like scrapping your fingernails on a chalkboard. I threw the smashed bars on the ground, then slumped against the wall.

All was silent and dark in the basement, except for my cries of hate, sadness, and regret. I put myself in this mess, and now I have to get myself out of this. Just then I felt a cold chill run down my arms and spine. It sent shivers down my spine. So, I placed my sore, healing hands in my cloak pockets.

Bingo! I found my escape. It was my key to the cell door. I will wait until morning comes, because that's when Kane will be resting and waiting for night to come. Now to rest for a while and regain my strength. I closed my eyes, and felt my weakened body become numb. The pain was finally gone, and my mind was at rest. Soon I will escape too.

(Pic is of Kane)